SA Dune Trip

Kuma

#11 Post by Kuma »

Almost time, I'm stoked!
Quastion about SA, are spark arresters required, enforced?
Thanks

Kuma

#12 Post by Kuma »

Chris,
looks like I'll be at the same RV park smile.gif My freind says we should be at space 20

wistech

#13 Post by wistech »

I need to get an engine together for Neils quad so him and his son can go so we will try for the week of june 19 through the 26 for the dune week.

Kuma

#14 Post by Kuma »

Just back from a week at SA, besides a little rain, the weather was perfect for riding, mostly in the high 60's, mostly cloudy with blue sky.
Nice big bowls smile.gif if you have a rail, you could really open it up!

wistech

#15 Post by wistech »

We just pulled into Rexburg last night . Hey can you rent razor's or buggies out here? Im not sure how the boys apex 90 is going to do in the sand so it would be nice to get a buggy to blast around in.

cdsracer

#16 Post by cdsracer »

Yup, PMS rents equipment out of Desert Oasis (Idaho Dunes RV Park). I think they have some RZR S's and some small rails. Have fun!!

Kuma

#17 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Jun 21 2010, 05:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We just pulled into Rexburg last night . Hey can you rent razor's or buggies out here? Im not sure how the boys apex 90 is going to do in the sand so it would be nice to get a buggy to blast around in.

Hey John have fun out there but watch out on some of the dune ridges, from the wet sand and rain some of the transitions are pretty bad.

Kuma

#18 Post by Kuma »

PMS Dune rentals 208-390-3223
Dune Excursions 208-709-RIDE

Try those, PMS had a trailer setup at Desert Oasis but no one was there, maybe this week there will be.

wistech

#19 Post by wistech »

Thanks guys. The apex just doesnt go in the sand. Its geared way to high for the small paddles and smokes the belt. The boys ran my speed all day while I had to endure a yfz with the most god awful paddles and stock motor. Cant ride double on a yfz due to the scorching headpipe . I ripped the airbox lid off so it would at least idle and threw some better paddles on . After that it was still a gutless turd but at least had some traction . Id rather risk taking my wifes Moto off the trailer and getting it dirty. LOL I promissed Id only use it in a emergecy. Neil and I got a chance to try out the 480 on thunder hill. It did good. tongue.gif
Neils on the phone with Performance Motors right now. They are working on the rzr as somebody wrecked it over the weekend and might have it ready for tommorow.
The weather out here is perfect.
I dont know what the deal is but a CAN AM tractor trailer truck just pulled in the lot here with thier new side by side machine painted all over the trailer.
We will investigate.

speedracer

#20 Post by speedracer »

You MUST get some spy pics of that side by side!!!