Glamis

Devious26

#1 Post by Devious26 »

Gonna be out at Glamis as much as possible this season. If anyone wants to meet up message me or post on the thread where you are camping and when. See you guys at the hill.

John

Kuma

#2 Post by Kuma »

Was just out last weekend, going to Dumont weekend before ThanksG' then back to Glamis between Xmas and New Years, we camp in the washes.
Rayspeed also frequents Glamis, not sure of his TG schedule but think he will be out for new years.

rayspeed

#3 Post by rayspeed »

I will be out next weekend... friday thru sunday probably the near the entrance to wash two or so. Look for a alfa motorhome with a stacker trailer behind it.

Kuma

#4 Post by Kuma »

Next Glamis trip for me will be after Xmas thru new years, Lynn and the boys are going thanksgiving and checking out the area around was 15, that way we are further in to head out beyond hill 5 now that things have opened up.
Going to Dumont the weekend before TG, stay thru Tuesday.

Nate992v

#5 Post by Nate992v »

I usually camp between 14 and as far down as 23. Relatively quiet, except for the train. Some good small dunes for the little ones. Pretty solid ground for bigger rigs, as long as you stay away from the pucker bushes. I'll be at Gordon's Well or Superstition.

Devious26

#6 Post by Devious26 »

Won't be in the dunes for Thanksgiving, but trying to get out every weekend I can after that. Will most likely be for New Years. I stay in the washes around 12, but have stayed as far out as 22. I will post before I leave for a trip. Saw the motorhome and stacker trailer but didn't have time to drop by and say hello. Hopefully see you guys out there soon.

Devious26

#7 Post by Devious26 »

Leaving in the morning, camping on Gecko. Silver 2011 GMC crew cab, Genesis Supreme toyhauler.

Kuma

#8 Post by Kuma »

just got back from a great weekend, superbowl weekend, I love off weekends! camped in wash 2, only one other group in the wash, got some rain on Thursday night just as going to bed. Friday morning nice wet unmolested sand, the whole desert smelled like sage, partly cloudy all day, Saturday the sand had dried some, still cloudy sky's, and Sunday, nice long ride in the morning, stayed and watched the game in the afternoon.
I think it rained Thursday thru Saturday in Pheonix which kept a lot of people away also rain in SoCal.
doing it again the end of this month! now I just need to figure out how to carry more gas, with the new opening of the dunes there's really nice dunes out past hill 5, hill 6, total slip face and taller than 5 ohmy.gif

Devious26

#9 Post by Devious26 »

QUOTE (Kuma @ Feb 4 2015, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just got back from a great weekend, superbowl weekend, I love off weekends! camped in wash 2, only one other group in the wash, got some rain on Thursday night just as going to bed. Friday morning nice wet unmolested sand, the whole desert smelled like sage, partly cloudy all day, Saturday the sand had dried some, still cloudy sky's, and Sunday, nice long ride in the morning, stayed and watched the game in the afternoon.
I think it rained Thursday thru Saturday in Pheonix which kept a lot of people away also rain in SoCal.
doing it again the end of this month! now I just need to figure out how to carry more gas, with the new opening of the dunes there's really nice dunes out past hill 5, hill 6, total slip face and taller than 5 ohmy.gif

It was a lot better riding than i expected, and not very many people anywhere. Gonna be back out for Presidents day weekend. We stayed in Gecko Loop. Not sure where we will stay next time.

Kuma

#10 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (Devious26 @ Feb 4 2015, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was a lot better riding than i expected, and not very many people anywhere. Gonna be back out for Presidents day weekend. We stayed in Gecko Loop. Not sure where we will stay next time.

My next trip out will be the end of Feb. I don't miss the holiday weekends much, I do miss Competition hill at night but that ship sailed along time ago mad.gif