My SB 450 vs my bro's YFZ 450 today..

Sandstorm

My SB 450 vs my bro's YFZ 450 today..

#1 Post by Sandstorm »

Well my quad ran fine. I didn't recalibrate. Did some hillshooting against the YFZ w/ cam mod and full pipe. No contest!!! The YFZ won everytime. Neither one of us was running paddles. Sand was very wet. Did some roll on's on pavement. Second gear about 1/4 throttle through the gears. I lost every time by about three lenghts..:confused: I ran 13-40 gearing and the YFZ was stock gearing w/ cam mod and full pipe, no lid. My R&S 5th gear makes a noticeable difference in how the motor pulls 3-5th. I am not impressed w/ my SB hp. Maybe I will try and recalibrate and go w/ a new map Maz has just found when he posts it.. I tell it like it is!!!wink.gif I love my Dale and have no plans on selling it. It still gets more attention then any other quad.:usa

cannibalq8

#2 Post by cannibalq8 »

man u have badluck. this yfz-450 still eat u?? U SHOULD RE-CALIBRATE IT. u will feel the different........ SPEED1 B smoke high modified shee's and he only use sbm head...by the check the sensors..... HATE WHEN I HEARD THAT THOSE yfz's beat cannondale

jfarrar

#3 Post by jfarrar »

sandstorm you got to have a mapping issue.i have a stage4 440 and have no problem waxing yzf'with the same mods as your brothers.i race against highly modified z's, 450f hybrids,and the yzf and none of them can pull away from me on the holeshot or in a straight.other than the issues im having with my valves i am very pleased with the output of this motor

haydug

#4 Post by haydug »

I must add my .02 here also. At the first GNCC I rode, there were some very fast field sections, in which I was expecting to get pulled very badly be the new YFZ. However I was very suprised when I actually outpulled one going down a straight. We rounded a corner in 3rd and when I came out I started pulling him ever so slightly, shifted to 4th and kept pulling, went to 5th and starting aproaching the corner when he backed off and on by I went. I must say that I was pleasantly suprised by this, as was this "proud" new Yamaha owner. I am running a blaze map as well.

Sandstorm

#5 Post by Sandstorm »

Okay let me do an update. My quad wouldn't start at the end of the day. After reading JFarrers post I believe my valves are out of spec again. We did our drag races at the very end of the day and I had to bump start my quad twice before the races. I still don't think I would have won. Just trying to be honest and now I have to find out why my valves keep tightening up. Gotta drop the motor again.:mad:

brunofirst

#6 Post by brunofirst »

I am working my arse off right now so this winter i can afford to get the SB Stage IV installed into my dale moto engine. after spending that kind of money, how can you possibly have any kind of mechanical problems and how can you not kick the crap out of your racing competition? Whats going on here with the SB kit? Now i am concerned.

Sandstorm

#7 Post by Sandstorm »

Believe me I have better things to do then drop a motor 3 times in 4 weeks. SB says they stand behind their product. I hope that includes my shipping costs too. I will not pay to ship my motor for something that is happening to two machines on this forum w/ the same EXACT problem. That is not my fault and I will not pay for it.. I will sell my machine and be done w/ C-Dale's before I will pay for shipping. Everybody will know by tomorrow if my quad is for sale for 7500 as SB is closed on Mondays..

cannibalq8

#8 Post by cannibalq8 »

take it easy man..... be patiant sandstorm