Need dates for June Dune UT/ID trip..

J. Delaney

#61 Post by J. Delaney »

I always bring an extra flag. We usually wind up donating one to the sand gods.

acarli3

#62 Post by acarli3 »

LOL. I think we donated a couple flags last year.

John, I don't need any parts just yet, but I have a clutch cover and oil filter cover to have you take back to have PC'd orange.smile.gif

Sandstorm

#63 Post by Sandstorm »

The weather is looking like rain this week w/ highs in the upper 60's. Sat-Tues will be partly cloudy and 75-80 perfect degrees.. The sand is going to be dry on the top two inches and wet underneath. No dust and these are perfect conditions for riding.. The weather forcast doesn't go out far enough for Sa's yet, but they wouldn' get it right anyway..

wistech

Any night riding ?

#64 Post by wistech »

Just got some new bars and lights on the speed. ... Well used fat bars and $20 driving lights and a little krylon fusion to some moto deletes. At least I made the mounting plate out of scrap Titanium so there is a little bling going on.LOL What can I say Im poor.

Everyone is pumped for what should be a heck of a good time. 1500 miles for us WI boys and 1800 for Timbo and crew.

Sandstorm

#65 Post by Sandstorm »

I have some bad news. I just got back from the doc and I have two more weeks in my cast. One break is healed the other if 3/4. I am still gonna try and ride. I can make a fist and hold the bars halfway decent. I can hang on w/ my fingers. If anybody has a steering dampner I could borrow or a thumb extender that would help me ride a little better..

wistech

#66 Post by wistech »

How about a left side throttle? Ill bet we could wrig up one .Ive got a few extra housings laying around. If we move the start button over there would be room for an assembly. Ive seen some built like that. I could get a WER damperner if needed .

Sandstorm

#67 Post by Sandstorm »

Well a throttle and clutch on the same side wouldn't work. I'd rather push a throttle right handed then to reach for a clutch right handed. Bring the dampner. Buddah has a throttle extender.. Wisetech your gonna lead us through the dunes now you know that right???:drink: :wow

cannondale27

#68 Post by cannondale27 »

All loaded up and ready to roll!I am pumped.First week straight vacation in 10 years.Boy is work pissed.That makes it even better considering I signed up for it 3 months ago.HA!
Wistech your quad sure looks sharp!This winter I promise to make mine look nice.It is lookin a little ragged.Mud,racing and YFZ running over back wheel does wonders.
Sand we need to figure out a foot throttle for you.Dont sweat it.I am going to meet you guys and relax more than riding.Still want to conquer that hill though!

acarli3

#69 Post by acarli3 »

Just got back from Chicago last night on business. Going to work tomorrow then getting the bikes ready to roll this weekend. Was planning on hitting the sand on Saturday but since all the quads need tire swaps and oil changes, I may not make it there til Sunday afterall.

I've got my 475cc running pretty well now but I can't get the throttle position below about 5.5% once warmed up. If I drop the offset lower, it begins to pop on deaccelaration (too rich). I'm thinking the map needs to be tweeked but was hoping with all the guru's there, they might have another solution. Perhaps this is normal for the higher cc engines??

wistech

#70 Post by wistech »

I had an interesting call from Timbo. Apparrently he was so busy getting everybody elses cranks/rods built he didnt have time to get the engines in his quads. sad.gif What dedication.:clap: He has been working like a madman to get them ready to go and Im sure will not sleep tonight.