Todays ride..

Sandstorm

Todays ride..

#1 Post by Sandstorm »

My first ride w/ the new rings, hone, Z400 bearing. Quad ran great. The quad gears inside make alot of difference in the snap of the motor vs the bike gears.. I revved the piss out of it and could feel the power build as the day wore on... Sand Mtn was to wet w/ quicksand at the top and I thought that would be to much of a load on a new engine.. I laid the smackdown on a HRC 450r w/ Buddahs Athena 434Z. I raced a YFZ and beat him also. We raced again and it was closer, but I pulled away in the whoopped out quicksand at about the 900ft mark (1200 to top).. Needless to say the Athena was kicking arse and taking names. The Yoshi 450z has more lowend, but doesn't rev like the Athena. No cams is probably why. We left for some bowling and jumping on the backside.. Great day in all. The meat wagon was pulling in w/ his lights and sirens on as we left.. Uh oh!!! About 3 or 4000 people today..

Exodus

#2 Post by Exodus »

You Sand Junkie!!!!!!

LOL

Thats the craps livin in this part of the country. We have over 200 square miles of sand hills, and cant ride on any of it. I envy you. lol

Exodus

#3 Post by Exodus »

BTW, Glad to see the Cannon is loaded again. You need to give your mechanic a raise. LOL

Smitty911

Thanks Henry

#4 Post by Smitty911 »

Rub it in while my quads down. I still need to get up your way and run those little dunes you keep talking about. Maybe this Fall.

Smitty

Sandstorm

#5 Post by Sandstorm »

I'll be down in Glamis this Jan or Feb. Sand Mtn is a mess right now. The sand is wet and heavy especially near the top. The hill is whooped out bad at the TOP as well as the bottom.. Bowling was great though. 53 degrees for the high. No dust, just some sand chunks to eat from Buddahs 22" Haulers on the Athena. The ATK will be taking names shortly..:drink:

acarli3

#6 Post by acarli3 »

wish I could have come but I had to work:cry:

fyrmedic

#7 Post by fyrmedic »

Thanx for calling me, Henry!!....j/k
My engine is torn down. ran the quadwars last weekend, and fried my impellar, so time for some upgrades!! Hopefully done in a week or so.