Got the Helmet cam for the dunes..

Sandstorm

Got the Helmet cam for the dunes..

#1 Post by Sandstorm »

Well got the new cc and hc. It will be going to the dunes on a regular basis. Easter week will be it's maiden voyage.. It should be pretty cool watching the others in front of me as we rally through the bowls. Some vids of me racing some YFZ's up Sand Mtn should be cool, of course I'll have to mount my camera backwards or turn around and look alot.. My test run up and down the street turned out great..

CptHook

#2 Post by CptHook »

sweet, looking forward to some posted vids

DanDuneBaboon

#3 Post by DanDuneBaboon »

Hey what kind of set up did you get and how much was it all together? LOL my all my friends say how YFZS will beat any cannondale but I have a stock C-dale and their all jelous they have blasters lol.

....THE CANNONDALE KID..... Dan

Sandstorm

#4 Post by Sandstorm »

I got the 480resolution cam from www.bulletcam.com I also bought a new Sony CC w/ the Lanc control. The Lanc control came from bullet cam.. My cc has a av input which is required for a helmet cam. Only Sony and Cannon cc's have a Lanc control and they only put it on a select few of the models they sell..
Sony dcrhc40 425 from Sears liquidatation on ebay
Lanc control 65
Helmet cam 289

If you don't have a Lanc control you must open your cc to start and stop recording. If you have buttons on the outside of the cc for stop, play ect, it is probably an older bigger cc and will not work w/ a helmet cam.

Now I need a DVD burner 100 bucks
Windows XP upgrade ...100bucks
More Ram 50 bucks
Windows Movie maker... Free and I am good to go

My first vid turned out okay. A guy bailed in the dunes in front of me while we were bowling. Got it all from a birds eye view. This weekends video will be better..

DanDuneBaboon

#5 Post by DanDuneBaboon »

Hey cool thanks. I will look into getting one.

Thanks

......THE CANNONDALE KID..... AKA Dan