YFZ vs ATK local TV shootout..

Sandstorm

YFZ vs ATK local TV shootout..

#1 Post by Sandstorm »

We have a local tv show on everyweek about motorized outdoor products. It's called AT Your Leisure.. In two weeks a shootout will happen on local tv for all to see.. There is a properly set up ATK in the test. The YFZ has a Yoshi tri oval pipe and cam mod.. A 450r might make it in the test, but I doubt it at this time. The test will be done at a smaller dune area in southern Utah called Sand Hollow. Nobody from ATK will be there or from the Yammy dealership. An unbiased non dollar influenced test that will be on public tv in about two weeks. This quad will not be the piss poor quad that was set up in the mags and was very unreflective of the ATK product.. I set the supsension settings and provided some Sand Devils and Mohawks and put in a Moto/Speed map TS110 setting... I wasn't gonna let people I don't know trash my 21" Hauler/Glider combos which would have been a better set-up. I am very confident of the outcome...

Derno24

#2 Post by Derno24 »

saweet!!!

Give the results when done!

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Cool!Sounds like you know outcome already:D Make sure you tape that for us to see.

Sandstorm

#4 Post by Sandstorm »

I forgot to send my American flag.:cry:

The link to the tv show

http://www.atyourleisure.info/

acarli3

#5 Post by acarli3 »

I'm told the taping is this weekend. I would have gone if I had heard about it earlier to witness this myself.

cdalepilot

#6 Post by cdalepilot »

i can't find the story on the site .

Sandstorm

#7 Post by Sandstorm »

It won't be out for 2-4 more weeks. Oh they won't do a shootout. They are just gonna feature one machine each week and discuss it... Frank told me it was gonna be a comparison, it's not...

parks9

#8 Post by parks9 »

are you sure there is no biased people going to test the quads? If it is a MX 450 we know who is gonna win! The ATK MX's have better suspension off the showroom floor, but the price... i dunno what im talking about i think ill just sit here and watch when the results come out!

Sandstorm

#9 Post by Sandstorm »

It was not a shootout. I was told that it was a shootout at first.. Each dealer pays for a time slot of about 4 minutes and the machine is talked about while taking still photos and then while it is being ridden. Complaints on the piped, cam modded YFZ were stiff ride, hard seat and cramped riding.. No complaints on the ATK. They took close-ups of the frame, axle/swingarm, moto front end.. They did call me and couldn't start it. They flooded it. I told them to pull start it and everything will be fine.. I talked to three of the guys after the test. They liked the YFZ but liked the ATK better due to no flaws and nice comfy ride w/ nothing to complain about once they got the starting procedure down.. I recorded the show... Again the link
http://www.atyourleisure.info/ The tests have not been posted but it's under "Product review"

CptHook

#10 Post by CptHook »

Saweet, way to get the word out Sandstorm! :clap: :head: