what do you pay?

drbowtie

#1 Post by drbowtie »

We really need to find out who manufactures these things and set up a purchase agreement. If that was an automotive filter (which I'm sure its made by one) it would be $3.50. So twelve bucks is a little step in my book when you consider we have to change the oil more often than we put fuel in the darn thing!

WHO MANUFACTURES THESE THINGS?

NRath

#2 Post by NRath »

I heard that's the retail price for them, also. I was lucky and got into a stainless one before the price went up- thanks JayBr. They used to ONLY be $35. That was steep I thought, but compared to 65, a bargain!

On another forum, Maz has made just the purchase you are referring to. I'm not sure what he's selling them for, though. You should check.

mxrookie

oil and such

#3 Post by mxrookie »

i got the metal screen when i purschased my ride and have been running since day 1 castrol semi synthic 10-30 up in the heart and down in the bowels i do and have used slick 50 80 w with out a problem ! i have done nothing at all to my machine but bust up the slave cylinder by not having my lip secured properly and thanks jaybr for the hook up . other than that regular maint and keep it pinned .

dawzie

#4 Post by dawzie »

I use the same oil in both also. Amsoil 0w-40 4 stroke. They made it special for quads, jet skis, snowmobilies and motorcycles. It is recommended to be used with our wet clutches.

www.amsoil.com

mxrookie

no

#5 Post by mxrookie »

I use the castrol semi in the motor itself and the slick 50 i use in the tranny . The only problem i had was getting the clutches lined back 100 % one ring had slipped and caused the slave cylinder to break . . I've used slick 50 since i started driving andwill keep on i've never had a problem with it whatsoever .