Little Sahara Report

jwheat

#11 Post by jwheat »

Originally posted by KRMit
I'd say I'm used to it now.  The suspension could stand to be a little softer but it soaked up the jumps pretty well.  It's an awesome quad!  Held up pretty good for the weekend too.  My only complaint is 5th gear.  I just can't seem to pull it.  Nod in that sand anyway.

I'd say he got used to the quad and the dunes real quick!! He was jumping halfway down the tallest dunes after only a day of riding! I think I had the highest jump , but I certainly didn't have the most distance this time.......that record would have to go to KRmit and Brandon (my 17yr old biggrin.gif )! I'll try and get some pics posted soon.

jwheat

#12 Post by jwheat »

One more thing.....KRmit t-boned our buddy in a Rhino when he first got there. Luckily no one and no machines were hurt. He learned quickly to make sure that the spotter is watching you. Wasn't anywhere near as bad as Jay landing on the buggy though....he just rolled a small jump and slid to a stop against the Rhino.

KRMit

#13 Post by KRMit »

Originally posted by jwheat
One more thing.....KRmit t-boned our buddy in a Rhino when he first got there. Luckily no one and no machines were hurt. He learned quickly to make sure that the spotter is watching you. Wasn't anywhere near as bad as Jay landing on the buggy though....he just rolled a small jump and slid to a stop against the Rhino.

I learned that day that having a spotter simply isn't enough... the spotter actually has to be watching.

jwheat

#14 Post by jwheat »

Originally posted by KRMit
I learned that day that having a spotter simply isn't enough... the spotter actually has to be watching.

I'm still not sure who you thought was spotting for you.....I was standing next to Jeff in the Rhino and Billy was off over the hill.

KRMit

#15 Post by KRMit »

Originally posted by jwheat
I'm still not sure who you thought was spotting for you.....I was standing next to Jeff in the Rhino and Billy was off over the hill.

There was someone up there, now whether they were actually spotting for me or not... obviously not. At any rate I remember seeing everyone (except Jeff in the Rhino) before I hit the jump.

cdalepilot

#16 Post by cdalepilot »

which little sahara ? waynoka ok ? night jumps are a rush .its like floating into a black hole and then bam theres your landing unexpected.if you guys were jumping buttercup at waynoka thats an awful long climb for a jump but the drop on the backside feels like a ski jump.:head:

jwheat

#17 Post by jwheat »

We were jumping them from the rolling side down the steep side.....that way you get alot more fall!

KRMit

#18 Post by KRMit »

The aftermath...

KRMit

#19 Post by KRMit »

I managed to climb the whole hill on two wheels a few times...

CannondaleRider

#20 Post by CannondaleRider »

any jumping pics?smile.gif