400ex for a cannibal?

exrider

400ex for a cannibal?

#1 Post by exrider »

should i sell my 400ex and buy a cannibal? how reliable are they and how do they compare to a 400ex? and about how much would a 2002 cannibal cost ?

thanks

4punksdad

#2 Post by 4punksdad »

i answered this question at the exriders forum. i stepped up from a 400ex to a c-dale and i love the power this c-dale delivers. Its geared a tad taller than I prefer, but I am getting used to it.

exrider

#3 Post by exrider »

what about maintence and keeping up with it..how much more work is it than a 400ex does it have alot of problems...mechanicall im not to skilled... but the 400ex is getting old and i want something new...are there any problems with the 2002 models? and whats the cheapest i could find one for

thanks for the help

EricM

#4 Post by EricM »

I have ridden a few 400ex and I can say without hesitation the power difference is very noticeable, even one that was bored and had a full pipe. I rode a Z400 the other day and it ran well, about half way between the cannibal and 400ex. If I had it to do again I would have gotten one of those. It isn??????????????????t as fast but it is smooth and easy to handle. I have always been a believer that the more power the better, but I have now realized it takes a lot more effort to keep it under control. If you are going to race motocross or are very good I would definitely go for the cannondale. For trail riding or cross-country I would go with the Z400, it is less of a handful and has reverse. If anyone has a Z and wants to trade let me know. On reliability I haven't done anything for the last 3 months except change oil (I am waiting on clutches right now but it was my fault). One major advantage is I can be riding before most of my friends on carbureted bikes get their choke turned off.