I watch my dale sit more than I get to ride it!!

wistech

#31 Post by wistech »

Heres the pivot bolt with a stud in place of the weak hollow threaded portion. This came about because of your current situation. Broken bolt no time to wait for new one.

cdalerider75

#32 Post by cdalerider75 »

How does that stud stay in... under a 59Ft-lbs load??

Happyboy

#33 Post by Happyboy »

umm...its threaded...

Big Dog

Decomp. Mechanisms

#34 Post by Big Dog »

C27, I don't know if your response was directed toward me, but I'll still reply. When I said that I was waiting on Decomp. Mechs, I was not stating that I had been promised anything. When I originally sent my quads and motor to Maz, he informed me that he was working on a replacement, so I was waiting on his replacement. We all know what is going on with Maz, so I won't go there. In the mean time I have read that several people were working on replacements. I have had 1 decomp. mech. explode, destroying my head, so I would like to replace them in all 5 of my quads. It was my understanding that people ( ie. Happyboy) were working on replacements, that once perfected, were going to be offered to the Dale community. Maybe this was a misunderstanding on my part. I didn't mean to imply that I had paid for and was waiting on delivery of anything. Now the question, once the bugs are worked out, are these going to be offered for sale? I know these have to be installed by the people with the right tools and expertise. Once I get my 2 quads and a motor back from Maz, I have a ton of work that needs to be done to these quads. I have 4 Falicons that need to be installed, 1 '02 quad with a balanced ATK crank that I want to install the z400 bearing, and replacement of decomp. mechs.

Thanks,
Phil

jwheat

#35 Post by jwheat »

Originally posted by CptHook
Started dropping motor in very end of April, took me about two weeks of going up there once or twice a week for an hour or two at a time to finally get it out.

Dang boy.......you've got to be the slowest mechanic I've ever seen!!! You must have been using some of Derno's tactics and drinking a beer between every bolt you took out! :drink: You need a new pit crew!!biggrin.gif

wistech

#36 Post by wistech »

Phil Sound like you are on the right track. There are several test decompression wieghts running right now. I also have 2 hand fabricated ones in my quads. I just got some in from happyboy and they look promising. Being that these are grass roots R@D projects anyone who uses them is a test subject till we get enough time on them to call them a sucsess and ready for sale large scale. Till then you will have to wait or volunteer to be a test bunny .
Personally I have very little patience which is why I end up custom building so many parts or seeking multiple sources to buy from.

Happyboy

Re: Decomp. Mechanisms

#37 Post by Happyboy »

Originally posted by Big Dog
C27, I don't know if your response was directed toward me, but I'll still reply.  It was my understanding that people ( ie. Happyboy) were working on replacements, that once perfected, were going to be offered to the Dale community. Maybe this was a misunderstanding on my part.

It was me that asked. I just wanted to be sure if you needed some I had you on the list. I am not making many xtras so if you needed 5 I would be sure to add that to my list. And yes, they are being made. I had a few prototypes made up for inpection and will get the others made in the next week or so. This took much longer than expected and I am so happy it is almost done.

These will be available to EVERYONE that wants them. Not just a select few. smile.gif And no, these are not tied to Maz what so ever....:w:

wistech

#38 Post by wistech »

Originally posted by cdalerider75
How does that stud stay in... under a 59Ft-lbs load??

I drill and tap the end thats cut off for the 1/2" fine thread stud.
Were you thinking it was a pressed in affair? Virtually all of the bolt is still hollow and light. Its handy for those looking to shave as much wieght as possible.

Big Dog

#39 Post by Big Dog »

Happyboy,

Thanks for your response, and yes you can put me down for 5 of them when they are ready. If you need a deposit on them, let me know. At this point, trying to get my 2 '03 quads and 1 '02 motor back from Maz, along with the 3k I have already paid him for parts. Just so everyone knows, I have talked to Maz recently and I'm trying to work with him. I just don't think he's going to have time to take care of me, in a timely manner and work at his new job. He's in China, for training right now. Hopefully, we'll be able to work something out in parts for the money I've paid. I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, but we definately need to get this resolve soon. as I've stated before, I truly think Maz got in over his head and didn't know how to dig his way out. I don't think he was out to screw anyone. Maz is a good guy, just needs to work on his organational and communication skills. Just my .02

cdalerider75

#40 Post by cdalerider75 »

Originally posted by wistech
I drill and tap the end thats cut off for the 1/2" fine thread stud.
Were you thinking  it was a pressed in affair?   Virtually all of the bolt is still hollow and light.  Its handy for those looking to shave as much wieght as possible.

Are you sure on the 1/2" part