Is 60HP possible?

cannibalq8

#101 Post by cannibalq8 »

what about NOS?

CTyfz450

#102 Post by CTyfz450 »

Originally posted by 2000ex
Yesterday at NEATV, there is a guy running 40+ Open A with a fully customized KTM 520 that has been built to I think he said a 572 sad.gif  

Too bad our very own CDMX215 had to race against this monster. He is running a 468 from Doug as well.  At the line i said that thing must be pushing over 60hp.....he replied and said it is over 73hp :eek: He said he can holeshot in 4th gear:p

Overkill IMO

you wouldn't have known if i didn't tell you:p Mark's ktm bike is simply sick. I have seen him try 5th gear starts and it bogs down. I still think 3rd is amazing, nevermind 4th. I have tried 3rd on my 450 and will never do it again:hammer:

J. Delaney

#103 Post by J. Delaney »

Originally posted by cannondale27
Right.Even the VP Oxy race gas is good for 3 hp easy.I dont remember the name of it but it is nasty and AMA illegal.

Ultimate 4 is what I think you are referring to.

J. Delaney

#104 Post by J. Delaney »

I think you guys are a little distracted. Big hp numbers are not as important as you would think. Look at the new GSXR and R1 dyno graphs. They are nearly identical, the Suzuki just makes more power down low and it's a bunch quicker. If you could figure out how to get even 40hp at say, 6500-7500 rpm that didn't fall flat on it's face at 9k then you'd have a rippin' motor!

I think we need to play with cam timing on some of these new stroker motors and see what happens to the dyno graph.

cannondale27

#105 Post by cannondale27 »

Uhm I wont spoil this for Timbo but we are alot closer to this than you might think.smile.gif

JeffQuadShop

#106 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Originally posted by krash
Thats what I'm talking about!!!!!!!!!!!
I would love to be a part of that. The 468 that you dynoed, is that one of Haydug's ultimate motors, or is it just a bore and stroke?? How much funding are you needing?? I really want to get that much power for my desert bike I'm building. I'm going to run that dale in the Best in the Desert series, maybe give Ol' Stoess a run for his money.wink.gif
LMAO.....you could out power me on a Blaster as slow as that 450R is! rolleyes.gif

wistech

#107 Post by wistech »

After running a couple of Timbos quads on the dyno I am still in shock to see that we are less than 5 horse shy of besting the most tricked out crf motor ever run there. Thats with horrible conditions. 20 degrees hotter and high humidity. Ill bet if we found a non oring chain, aluminum axle, better mapping ,lightwieght synthetic oil in the cases, flushed all the old fuel out before filling with the race gas. And the engine had no leak piston rings we would be equal to our nemesis.

c41xracer

#108 Post by c41xracer »

ill bet the 500cc beast will beat the numbers

wanablaze

#109 Post by wanablaze »

Timbo's dyno numbers are really impressive. 10 peak hp gain. However, I'm a little skeptical (but hopeful) that another 10 hp could be found. If porting is almost maxxed, and there is no room for increasing piston size or stroke, what's next? Lightened flywheels? I'm not talking about lightening the axle or swingarm as I use my bike for mx. I already use a non o-ring chain. I mean getting more power from the motor.

I think it would be great if more power was discovered. However, it sounds like Doug's cams won't clear the piston. If the piston were modified to accept the cams, would that push the size of the motor over 450cc? Does anybody have proof that moving the fuel system makes better power?

Sorry for the long post, I'm excited. :eek:

c41xracer

#110 Post by c41xracer »

what do you mean Dougs cams wont work?U mean valve to piston clearance?If thats the case that would be a real simple fix.Can we get custom cams?Like in a car if you use a cam on a normally asperated motor with more duration it takes in more air into the cylinder because of the EX. valve and the IN valve both being open at the same time.Making the motor act like a larger displacement motor?This is dyno proven in cars i wonder if it would work on a single cylinder motor

I was wondering if timbo would like to try one of my throttle body inserts for a dyno run?i think it would create more velocity and more power down low