I didn't know lawnmowers ran on kerosene!

iceracer17

I didn't know lawnmowers ran on kerosene!

#1 Post by iceracer17 »

I was on a road trip for work a few weeks ago and told the wife to use the push mower to cut the lawn.It wouldn't start so she filled it up with gas.
Well, i decided to get some excercise and use the push this week.It wouldn't start so i used the trusty ether can and got it running,smoking a little but it's been sitting for 2 years.It ran ok but puffed a few times.After finishing the mower wouldn't shut off so well and smelled of kerosene.
I asked the wife what gas she put in it and she said the stuff in the blue container.
I know now that a gas engine will run on kerosene!rolleyes.gif

Cdale_racer_669

#2 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

:rotf

antifreeze440

#3 Post by antifreeze440 »

no way.. lol i had no idea

Zerotact

#4 Post by Zerotact »

It prolly kept the rings nice and oiled too

iceracer17

#5 Post by iceracer17 »

There must have been a little gas in there to get it going.My clothes actually smelled like i was in the garage all day with a torpedo heater going.

cdrider02

#6 Post by cdrider02 »

I have a Case 444 with a 14 hp Kohler my wife was going to mow and asked where the gas was so I told her which can it was in and told her which can not to use because it was new varsol. About a month later I was looking for the new varsol and could'nt find it, she said she used that can and she wondered why it was so hard to start and when she turned it off it continued to run. I had no idea one would run on that stuff.

KRMit

#7 Post by KRMit »

I use the premix for my Banshee in the weedeater. I perfume the whole yard with Castor 927! biggrin.gif