What would it take for people to stick with Cannondale / ATK?

Jman

#21 Post by Jman »

I've got a Dale bike, and I basically love it. I had all the basic dale probs. I've never touched the motor and its running great. I don't know about the quads, but the bikes are a lot heavier than a 250R or really any of the new bikes and that is my issue with them. I wish they didn't weigh so dang much!

If I get another bike it probably won't be a Dale or ATK simply because of that alone. Don't get me wrong though I will probably always have my Dale in the stable as long as I can keep it running, cuz it really is a fun bike to play on.

wanablaze

#22 Post by wanablaze »

#1 A good reputation for reliablility.

Cdalerider03

#23 Post by Cdalerider03 »

Originally posted by Jman
I've got a Dale bike, and I basically love it. I had all the basic dale probs. I've never touched the motor and its running great. I don't know about the quads, but the bikes are a lot heavier than a 250R or really any of the new bikes and that is my issue with them. I wish they didn't weigh so dang much!

If I get another bike it probably won't be a Dale or ATK simply because of that alone. Don't get me wrong though I will probably always have my Dale in the stable as long as I can keep it running, cuz it really is a fun bike to play on.

I dont see how you can say that its heavy....i can lift my rear end and front end with one had and a trx and yfz i cant do crap like that, there hard to control in the air, mine, i can do anything in the air, I can do tricks more than my friend with the yfz becasue his just rides low, mine sours untill i make it stop....mine lands perfect and is way faster than all these new yfz's and trx's, in 4th gear i was out running a trx...i didnt get to race the yfz, my motor locked up right as soon as he got there..DARNET:mad:

yamadjs08

#24 Post by yamadjs08 »

Originally posted by Cdalerider03
I dont see how you can say that its heavy....i can lift my rear end and front end with one had and a trx and yfz i cant do crap like that, there hard to control in the air, mine, i can do anything in the air, I can do tricks more than my friend with the yfz becasue his just rides low, mine sours untill i make it stop....mine lands perfect and is way faster than all these new yfz's and trx's, in 4th gear i was out running a trx...i didnt get to race the yfz, my motor locked up right as soon as he got there..DARNET:mad:

Im pretty sure that Jman was talking about the Cannondale dirtbikes being a little heavy, not the quads!biggrin.gif ohmy.gif

Jman

#25 Post by Jman »

Yeah Bud, Make sure you read the entire post. I clearly stated that I had a bike and was talking about the bike. smile.gif No prob though, I quick scan 'em sometimes too.

Cdalerider03

#26 Post by Cdalerider03 »

Originally posted by Jman
Yeah Bud, Make sure you read the entire post. I clearly stated that I had a bike and was talking about the bike. smile.gif No prob though, I quick scan 'em sometimes too.

My bad guys, I dont have any dirtbikes, so i call my quads...Bikes

Anyway, what do you think the cannondales are wet?

Exodus

#27 Post by Exodus »

I look at it this way, with the price of Cannondales in the dumpster, it doesnt bother me to much. Mines not for sale, so I dont care what anybody else thinks its worth. I'm going to buy another one, and one after that, so the cheaper the better. My 3 year plan is to have 2 quads, one to race with and one to show off, and then to have at least another 2 bikes in parts. So price doesnt concern me in the least. At some point in time, all of these quads will be in the hands of those who loved them the most, then the price will probably go up. Until then, I'll keep buying parts here and there, someday I'll buy a brand new cookie, but I'll still always own my Cannondale.

Happy is dead center with what he said. But it doesnt matter to me, I'm Cannondale though and though and dont really care what the main stream cookie cutter guys think.

Sandstorm

#28 Post by Sandstorm »

ATK has no plans for the quads for the most part. When the quads quit coming sitting on dealer floors that's pretty much it. They have no machining equipment of any kind. The video they sent to dealers said when the parts run out they will sell another make.. Sad but true.. I am keeping mine based on the guys here who really have made these better. In my opinion ATK had all the ground work done for them by Cannondale. They could take the ball and run w/ it or let it go out of bounds. The ball sadly went out of bounds in my opinion..

cdalepilot

#29 Post by cdalepilot »

sad,but so true.

jacobw

#30 Post by jacobw »

I am sure they will continue to build the quads they are just at a stage where they have to sell some inventory before they can have room and funds to build new quad stuff they have enough stiff to last them about 5 years right now so they are in good shape for a long while