Poor Jaybr.

haydug

Poor Jaybr.

#1 Post by haydug »

As most know around here, Jay helps me tremendously with this site, here is a recent example:

I was having trouble with my computer. So I called Jaybr the computer guy, to come over. Jay clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem. He gave me a bill for a minimum service call.

As he was walking away, I called after him, "So, what was wrong?"

He replied, "It was an ID ten T error."

I didn't want to appear stupid, but nonetheless inquired, "An 'ID ten T error'? What's that? Ya know, in case I need to fix it again?"

The computer guy grinned, "Haven't you ever heard of an 'ID ten T Error' before?"

"No," I replied.

"Write it down," he said, "and I think you'll figure it out."

So I wrote out . I D 1 0 T

:confused:

c41xracer

#2 Post by c41xracer »

LOL thats good im gonna have to remember that one

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

smile.gif Good one!

kdeal

#4 Post by kdeal »

That's an old one. Unfortunately for tech people only. I still get many of my employees on that one. Another is, the problem was between the keyboard and the seat.

Good one Jay

:hammer:

levi550

#5 Post by levi550 »

I found most problems to be code 18's. Being the problem is 18 inches from the computer.

I.D.10.T, wasn't that C3PO's stupid brother?

Brad Oakley

#6 Post by Brad Oakley »

Ken - Aren't you referring to the PEBKAC error? -Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair-

Mjollnir

#7 Post by Mjollnir »

Yeah, I can't figure out why dell refuses to fix the cupholder on my computer. They keep insisting there isn't a cupholder, but the **** thing came with it from the factory! Pretty handy too, you just push the button, it slides out, when you're done, just push it again and it's out of your way. Dell just hangs up on me.

Marc

Cdale_racer_669

#8 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

i like that one:rotf

kdeal

#9 Post by kdeal »

Originally posted by Mjollnir
Yeah, I can't figure out why dell refuses to fix the cupholder on my computer. They keep insisting there isn't a cupholder, but the **** thing came with it from the factory! Pretty handy too, you just push the button, it slides out, when you're done, just push it again and it's out of your way. Dell just hangs up on me.

Marc

A fellow techie got me once on a e-mail joke, that said to get your free cupholder, click here. When you did it opened all your optical drives. Considering I had 5 different ones on my workstation at the time, it was quite amusing.............

Cdale_racer_669

#10 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

i could have fun with that, id like to know how to do that lol