Crank bearing rumors.

wistech

Crank bearing rumors.

#1 Post by wistech »

Im getting sick of the phone calls about the rumors that z400 bearings are failing in large numbers. I dont know if some of these well known shops are using the z400 cranks as an excuse for why thier own crappy cranks are having trouble or what. If there is a problem then why cant someone produce a part or picture? Your lies are just bringing down the Dale community .

Im not going to post the names of these shops but if someone else does go right ahead. If you hear of someone saying the z400 bearing cranks dont work tell them to prove it or shut up.
Sorry for the rant.sad.gif

jfarrar

#2 Post by jfarrar »

i've heard this come out of one shop and he used to tell me the stories all the time but i didnt buy it and i still dont.its the only shop know that has ever seen a z400 bearing failure.i havent killed one yet but have managed to destroy everything around one.

Happyboy

#3 Post by Happyboy »

cough cough WINKY SUCKS!!--Diamond Racing

I have also heard the story but never seen one or know of anyone that had one fail. This man uses lies to sell his products. Products that I may add that were sold to people and had never been tested. I have seen failed winky work and shocked at what he told people.

kdeal

#4 Post by kdeal »

It's obvious somone is lying to either help their business or out of jealousy because they don't have the business. Lies always come back to haunt you in the end. I remember said person telling me a story I initially believed, but have yet to hear about as well. I didn't tell everyone out of respect for the community until it is a proven problem. (It wasn't)

I still beleive the first Z400 bearing failure will be met with a lot of stories as well. Remember there is such a thing as a defective part. OR problems caused by other issues that may cause the bearing to fail.

Has anyone honestly had a Z400 bearing in a Cannondale go bad yet? Who installed it? How long did it last? Let's hear it.

:usa

jwheat

#5 Post by jwheat »

If it's the shop someone mentioned earlier......I've seen their work and talked to the main man, himself, there and I will definitely not be sending any work their way. I also wouldn't beleive anything he has to say.

As for the z400 bearing....all parts eventually break....these have just lasted the longest. So until we find a better one, I'll keep using them.:hammer:

jesshamner

#6 Post by jesshamner »

Hmmm....this is the first that I've heard of any z400 bearing failure. I must be out of the loop.rolleyes.gif It seems that this person (or business) is bad for everything cannondale. Why be against the evolution to a better cannondale?

Cdalerider03

#7 Post by Cdalerider03 »

Is there anything we can do to stop these lies?....I cant wait to get my motor in my bike....im gonna see how long it last with the z400 bearing...should be for a while...he prolly used a diffrent bearing and said it was the z400 bearing

Happyboy

#8 Post by Happyboy »

There is nothing that can be done about his mouth. And its not that he installed the bearing and had it fail. He said a motor that a builder on here built failed and he was the one that tore it apart. Sorry, but I don't buy that. If a motor fails within a reasonable amount of time anyone is going to call the person that built it to talk about it.

Wink has used scare tactics in the past to get people to spend more money with him than necessary. This ranged from his over rated oil mod to his pos ball bearings and his lovely thrust washers on his cranks. If he would just stop lying to the community he would be much better off.

Psychosis

#9 Post by Psychosis »

I have a Z400 bearing w/probably 30-35hrs (approximate) of HARD RACING. Not one shaving yet. I haven't pulled the engine and don't plan to for awhile but if all's well in a couple months I plan on pulling it and refreshing it w/a new top end so I guess we'll see then.

I had the Z update done by ATK on my other engine which finally came back too so I guess we'll see how the ATK crank and Z bearing does in time. (Tearing it down this winter hopefully for stroker.)

MotoX_Racer07

Call it what you want

#10 Post by MotoX_Racer07 »

You guys still blabber on about Wink when he doesn't even deal with Cannondale engines anymore. Nor does he care about the Z-400 bearing and whoever elses cranks are out there using them. He deals with a select group of people (meaning friends) when it comes to dales. But thats it. He has played the game long enough to find out that these things are just Money Pits and the only thing Cannondale had right was the Chassis. You will all see what kind of awesome fabrication work he does Soon enough. Project is nearing completion. Why put time into an ATV with an engine that was never perfected? Everyone riding one is a test dummy when it comes down to it. No body can give you a direct answer, there are more rumors out there then truthful answers.