relieabilty issues

Craig_C

#11 Post by Craig_C »

Most of the site sponsers have them, and have them in stock.

61austin

#12 Post by 61austin »

If you are worried about reliability issues find a dale that has all updates done or do them when you buy it, this includes the z400 rod bearing.

Happyboy

#13 Post by Happyboy »

Yeah...do all the updates. Then you won't have much to complain about. If you don't then you do risk some failures. Keep in mind that a quad with a FULLY updated motor will cost around 1k more than one without them all. Don't go cheap and get one that has none.

guthrie08

#14 Post by guthrie08 »

i worried about the same thing when i went from my 300ex worry-free machine to a cannondale/ATK. two dont even compare, i wont trade my cannondale for anything. do all the maintenance. clean and grease electrical connections, and do the updates. i have the ATK 450 kit and have not had one problem yet. The maintenance isent as bad as what you probably heard, it pays off when you ride it. go USA :usa

Cdalerider03

That is true, what Sean said

#15 Post by Cdalerider03 »

Sean, you said it perfect.

My crank bearing got messed up, it took out the crank, piston, sleeve. Not fun to mess everything up, when it will take like 1-2 weeks for ur motor to be sent off for the Crank bearing update, or rod or w/e it is, the Stage 8 update, and you should check the Decomp in the head (where the cams are)...Mine was also almost falling off, or something in that line, get the stage 8, crank bearing update, oil line update, and a couple others I think.