hand guards?

haydug

hand guards?

#1 Post by haydug »

Who runs them?? I run them on my woods bike, but never really considered them mandatory for a mx bike, until yesterday. I went practicing yesterday, and cliped one of the track posts on the inside of a corner, turned out it was a metal post with a peice of plastic pvc pipe covering it, that was leaning over towards the inside of the turn. This allowed more room going through the turn if your bike wasn't leaned over. The faster we were going through the turn, the farther the bike is getting leaned over. Next thing I know I land on my head, and see blood running all over my hand, and it is numb. It ripped the finger out of the glove. Now, 3 stitches later and a finger swelled to about twice the size, I'm supposed to be practicing everyday before Lorretta's. :cry:

Guess a set of guards are getting order'd today.

cdalerider75

#2 Post by cdalerider75 »

I am!! thanks to JST!!

I ride woods and feel more protected... can't have anything happen to the hands... will effect the sex life you know!!

haydug

#3 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by cdalerider75

I ride woods and feel more protected... can't have anything happen to the hands... will effect the sex life you know!!

Yeah, I'm right handed, and this just so happened to the right middle finger! :eek:

Derno24

#4 Post by Derno24 »

I used to crash every race and after mashing several fingers I quickly added the full handguards and not the roost deflector.

jwheat

#5 Post by jwheat »

I have them on mine all of the time. I've had stuff fly up off a track and hit me and it's kinda hard to hold on when you're shaking your hand in pain.

Happyboy

#6 Post by Happyboy »

Ouch doug.....be carefull driving with that middle finger all swelled up. smile.gif Yeah, love handguards.

DMAC10

Handguards

#7 Post by DMAC10 »

Doug
I run the Cycra woods hand guards, but I put the low profile MX plastic on it.

I got tired of getting my fingers dinged by flying objects.

Since I run woods and MX, its easier to change the plastic, than to change the entire handguard.

Hope the hand gets better. Because the main things that you need at Loretta"s is traction and endurance. The track ruts up and its always hot and humid.

What class will you be running ther??

kdeal

#8 Post by kdeal »

Originally posted by haydug
Yeah, I'm right handed, and this just so happened to the right middle finger!  :eek:

Still doable, but looks funny!!!

:eek:

KRMit

#9 Post by KRMit »

I was riding a rough trail once without handguards and there was a tree down in the trail with a path going up a hill around it. I tried it a little too fast, hit a stump, and it shot me under the tree. It pinched my fingers between the brake lever and the bars, breaking the lever. My hand didn't feel too good for a while thereafter. The only time I'd not recommend handguards is freestyle.

thomez

#10 Post by thomez »

Doug,

I have factory Cycra's and the small MX guards both here, let me know if you want either.