buying a Cannondale....

AZNEWBIE

buying a Cannondale....

#1 Post by AZNEWBIE »

I am getting into ATVing and I have found an '03 Cannibal LE, but I have heard alot of horror stories about C'dales and alot of good ones. Here is the bike I am looking at:

2003 Cannondale Cannibal LE, Blaze mapping, HMF exhaust, New ITP T-9 Baja wheels, New holeshot tires, full belly skid, Cycra hand guards, heated grips, custom American flag seat cover, full Elka SSD zero preload suspension. This ATV is in good shape, it has had all the updates done by a Cannondale dealer. This thing will haul. I bought this ATV new and have not ridden it a lot. The plastic does have some scratches and a crack or two but nothing major. I will include all the extra oil, (tranny and motor) oil filters, fuel filters and spark plugs that I have. I will even sell my Cannondale riding gear. I have a set of the black and grey HS gear and a set of the red gear also. I??????????????????m asking $3500.00 or best offer for it. Sorry no trades. I also put a new battery ($80.00) in it a couple of months ago.

Please let me know what ya'll think. Thanks.

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

This going to be your first quad?

If so you may want to look at a 400ex or Z400. They are a little more tame, easier to maintain and more reliable. Not saying you couldn't handle the Dale but I would hate for you to get a bad taste for quads if this was your first quad.

As for that deal...if you are asking how good of a deal it is its kinda hard to say. Depends on what updates are done and the over all condition of the motor. If it does have elkas all around then yeah, I woudl say it is worth that. Just gotta do a good inspection on the motor.

The dales are awesome machines. They did/do have problems but nothing that can't be cured. All of the updates for problems have been discussed on this site soo many times. If you can come up with a problem then I promise, we have come up with a solution. smile.gif This is a great community.

cdalerider75

#3 Post by cdalerider75 »

Perhaps if a member from this site can contact you, look over the quad with you... that could help??

Also does the quad currently belong to a member from this site, good way to check the history of the quad.. others might know him.. and be able to provide solid feedback..

Just a couple of suggestions!!

If you do buy it, with anything.. you will love it.. but there might be a day that your not happy with it. Like I said that goes with anything you purchase..

azcannon

#4 Post by azcannon »

I am in phoenix and bought another speed tonite so I have 2 and a X440, awesome race quads if you ask me,and you can I know at least 6 or 7 local cannondale owners and we all really like ours and can help you out if you run into trouble with it, I say get it and you always have Haydug and Timbo if you need the hard motor work or professional for that mater and for stupid stuff myself and at least 3 or 4 others up here will keep you running., My number is 602-446-6383 call with questions and I have a friend in tucson that with a speed that will show up and help you verify its a good quad if the one your looking at is local.

AZNEWBIE

thanks

#5 Post by AZNEWBIE »

Well, the Dale is in Kentucky, so I won't be able to check it out till it gets here. And it is good to know that there are people around that like a product that you are about to buy, good feeling.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Like em?We are nuts about em:D Nice to step up Azcannon:clap:

krash

#7 Post by krash »

Hello AZNEWBIE, I'm the guy that lives in Tucson, and I'll be more than happy to cruise over and check out your new toy.

I live around Prince and 1st, Were abouts do you live?
You can give me a call 623-910-7414........... Oh yeah, My real name isn't Krash........ Its Justin:D

Happyboy

#8 Post by Happyboy »

:clap: for the Arizona boys. Sounds like we are going to get another Dale rider.

CptHook

#9 Post by CptHook »

So is this your first experience riding any kind of ATV/Dirtbike/Whatever? If so you may want to seriously consider other options if you just want to get something to try and get into the sport, such as a 400ex or kfx/z/dvx400. These machines are great to start out on, and are pretty much rock solid, they arent rockets by any means, but they will give you a taste of what a sport quad feels like.

As much as I would like to see more members I cant willingly encourage someone to purchase this quad if its your first. These are a race breed machine, and I would rather see someone get something other than a cannondale as their first quad and not get hurt. Then later on down the road once you got some good riding under your belt, and know how mucht ATVing kicks ***, you will be all over these machines and love it to death. Just my .02, whatever you decide to do, just be careful and have fun. :head:

AZNEWBIE

#10 Post by AZNEWBIE »

I have been riding for years... just never owned my own before. ANd thank you for all the info and support... and Justin, I will be giving you a call. The guy should be shipping it out monday and it should arrive on thurs. I live in Rita Ranch on the SE side of town.