getting into first

cdaler

getting into first

#1 Post by cdaler »

How do i get a quad into first gear? I Want to buy one but when ever i go and get on one i can never get it into first gear. Do i dump the cluch and floor the gas? i realy want to buy a manual but cant seem to get the hang of it. thanks for all the help . I would like to know as soon as possible

M.B

61austin

Re: getting into first

#2 Post by 61austin »

Originally posted by cdaler
How do i get a quad into first gear?
Do i dump the cluch and floor the gas?

#1 Pull in the clutch and press the shifter down.
#2 Only if you like looking at the sky. Otherwise just slowly release the clutch.

cdaler

#3 Post by cdaler »

17 people looked at this with one awnser. i hope its right smile.gif

twisted

#4 Post by twisted »

:confused:

man....

jesshamner

#5 Post by jesshamner »

i think you might be shifting into 1st and you dont' realize it. Neutral is usually hard to find so just click it down until it won't go down anymore. With jap bikes, when you downshift to 1st, you can still push the shifter down but you won't feel it click. With Cdales, you won't be able to push the shifter down very far when you're in 1st. Does this help?

Cdalerider03

#6 Post by Cdalerider03 »

First, get a blaster not a Cannondale, you will get serverily get hurt if you dont!

Second, I second Jesshammer

Exodus

#7 Post by Exodus »

I got a couple questions for you,.
Have you ever ridden any manual clutch quad?
The one thing they all have in common is the gear pattern, 1st is down, and the rest is up.
What made you decide to want a Cannondale?
These are VERY tempermental and high maintainance quads, you cant go and swing a leg over it any ol time and put it back in the shed when your done. They take alot of time in maintance and countermaintance.
Are you sure that first gear works in the particular Cannondale you are riding?
If you push down on the shifter from neutral into first and it doesnt click into gear, theres something wrong in the transmission.

However, if you are in fact talking about getting into neutral, then that is a problem that some Cannondales had. Replacing the bushing in the clutch hub with a bearing will help alot. Mine was a pain to get into nuetral, Colby replaced the bushing with a bearing and it is a little easier to find. You have to keep in mind that Cannondales are high maintaince, they take a lot of time and energy into keeping them in shape.