tried to finish the rebuild today

quadman22

tried to finish the rebuild today

#1 Post by quadman22 »

well today i tried to finish up the rebuild that has been going on for quite a few months now... lets see who can figure out how it went... heres the story line. biggrin.gif :hammer: :mad: :cry: :drink: :drink: :drink:

azcannon

#2 Post by azcannon »

You went out in the garage and got a little excited you were finally building it , got a little ahead of yourself and messed something up/broke something then got very angry/frustrated/depressed with your situation and drank away the bad feelings and now you should be hoping its not so bleak tommorrow.
Sounds like my first 2 builds

cdalerider75

#3 Post by cdalerider75 »

So what happened.... are you at the point yet ... should of gone to Chris???

quadman22

#4 Post by quadman22 »

not at that point yet... i didnt even get a chance to start it. I was putting the coolant in and then all of a sudden it all came out. it looks like the impellar cover was leaking or the valve cover tself around that area. my initial guess is that the valve cover is extremely corroded. not sure tho. i'll screw with it today and find out. im going to try to not drop the motor. oh and to make it even better, i wake up today to find out that my next door neighbor died

Happyboy

#5 Post by Happyboy »

You should know if the cover was badly corroded or not. If you just had the motor out you should have been able to tell if it was good or not.

quadman22

#6 Post by quadman22 »

it looked good when it was out. i mean it was corroded but it looked good enough that it would work. i had it powdercoated before it put it on but i guess it was too late. when i look into it i'll let u know what i find

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Just recently this problem came up.Turned out all it was was the copper washer for bleed screw on waterpump was missing.I have also seen people forget to put hose clamp on the bleed hose from waterpump to the bottle.

quadman22

#8 Post by quadman22 »

yeah it may be that and i'll check but i think its the gasket. I talked to brad oakley and he brought up a good point... if it was in fact the valve cover, the coolant would be going into the engine and thats not the case, its coming out of the engine so its got to be the water pump cover. I ordered a new gasket so it should be here soon.