Urrggh

wistech

#11 Post by wistech »

One of my covers eh? Ive never tried to do an inframe cover replacement but it sounds like a pain. Did you clean off the head and outer edge of the water pump seal with brake clean first. Did you reuse the old gasket. Are any parts cut or missing?You should make sure to apply a very thin amount of sealer at all mating surfaces and they should stick well. If it slides off and doesnt stick there is still oil or coolant on the surface. Then after aligning and clamping down the cam cover sometimes the exposed seals will squish out. Carefully cut off the stuff sticking above the surface flush and apply a little sealer on the ends. Let it sit for at least one hour and then go to install the water pump cover. Wait another hour before filling with coolant. If that doesnt work Ill get you a new cover out ASAP.

twisted

#12 Post by twisted »

Yeah, Im gonna re try and do it real slow and make sure everything is right, wish me luck boys.

Cdalerider03

#13 Post by Cdalerider03 »

Good luck Shane!!!

Im glad my motor isnt doing that, thanks to someone who did a GREAT GREAT GREAT Job on my motor!! Thanks Dude, Now im just waiting for my ECU, YAY, and mine hasent leaked or anything and its been settin in my Garage for the past week with water in it and it hasent leaked at all, YAY...