holyyyy $hit

quadman22

holyyyy $hit

#1 Post by quadman22 »

well after hundreds of dollars, countless problems, and much disappointment i finally heared my baby fire today. There are a few people who i'd like to give my utmost thanks to... wes(200ex) helped me out a ton, also Brad oakley (blackwidow atv)...he helped me out in some huge ways, and also believe it or not people... this bike wouldnt be running without Chris Dembek(cdalerider75). I know we had our times but after all is said and done he rebuilt me whole head and fixed some problems with oiling and cooling issues and well as fuel problems. He knows a **** of a lot about these bikes. Thanks to all others who helped me with advise and what not too. Wouldnt have done it w/o ya guys. Cant believe i rebuilt the engine and it actually ran:head: cant wait to start rippin on it. Any new england guys up for going to rocky hill ext sunday with me and wes??? mike u better come i gotta show u how to race:p :w: haha

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

What was the oiling issue?Awesome to hear your running again.Now go get'em at races1

cdalerider75

#3 Post by cdalerider75 »

I drained all the oil... refiled... let it sit and started it tonight..

again fired right up... (killed a spark plug)... changed the plug... restarted... oil was flowing!!!

I want to thank Dan.. for letting me help him out!!! Always willing to help any cannondaler out there!!!

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Must have been a air pocket.Keep an eye on the flow;)

quadman22

#5 Post by quadman22 »

nope... its was the a$$ that owned it b4 me. he never chnaged the oil. the spars were filled with sludge. i would loooove to see that guy again. cant wait to start racin again:)

Canniboomer

#6 Post by Canniboomer »

Yep, if you see a machine with OEM looking drain plugs in perfect condition, BEWARE! Those lousy plugs should have some signs of wrenchmarks and typical siezing round-offs, as if frequently "used".wink.gif

jesshamner

#7 Post by jesshamner »

Canniboomer is right. I still have the stock plugs and they're almost round. I have to use vise grips to change the oil. Glad to hear that its running. Are you able to stop smiling while you're on it yet?

quadman22

#8 Post by quadman22 »

actually it turned out that it wasnt running:cry: it needs a new balance shaft. there was no oil flow... however it does run

Canniboomer

#9 Post by Canniboomer »

Originally posted by jesshamner
,... I still have the stock plugs and they're almost round.

Stop the punishment! I'll make you a good deal on both of these hummers:

Happyboy

#10 Post by Happyboy »

The head on the tranny plug is too big. I had to cut away from my skid plate to be able to get a wrench in there big enough. Good think I have a grinder. smile.gif