A trip to the scrap yard

Derno24

#21 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by rubicon20032003
I think what kills their sales and people buying.Is that they own a company.But they have poor return emails on people wanting to buy and get work done.They kinda disgcouge new cannondale riders out of their dales and problems.I contacted two about getting motor work done and rough price on package wanted.Never heard back in weeks

I am trying to be helpful here so don't take this wrong, but they have phone numbers use them. I know Doug has said on numerous occassions that he rarely has time to reply to emails or pm's. I find it alot easier to get answers when you are talking to a human and not waiting for a reply.

cannondale27

#22 Post by cannondale27 »

Not only that but what do you say to satisfy a customer when you cant count on what your suppliers tell you?This can even be applied to the suppliers themselves all it takes is a machine breakdown,steel shortage or even huge money making orders for other parts.Its a damned if you do or damned if you dont thing as far as going public with issues.Talk about everything and scare people away or keep quiet and have people lose hope when they lose a race or have a failure of something.Not to mention that when parts do come in it is all at once.Then you have to try and build motors while typing on internet and talking on phone along with taking care of any of your own personal needs.Is it really any wonder why some just turn the phone or computer off?I am being totally straight in saying that all our go to guys really want to be able to take care of any need within a reasonable time and have parts on hand to do that.$ and more time than most anyone would sanely give to a cause has been invested.They are just not there yet.Now with all the high performance mods out there it has also been brought to another level of demand.They are doing thier best to meet the demands.In the mean time if riding or racing has to be done right away.There is still plenty of stock parts to go around and people to help get anyone going quickly.The folks you call for help or service are small Business men with their own hands getting dirty doing the work and making great sacrifices personally to accomplish their goals.

My advice.Do whatever you have to do to keep from getting frustrated by lack of riding.But dont give up on these guys trying to help us out.Dont sell out and just be patient the days of just doing performance upgrades with quick turn around are coming very soon.The wait will be worth it guaranteed.

Happyboy

#23 Post by Happyboy »

:clap:

mxer450

#24 Post by mxer450 »

Originally posted by haydug
Yes, each tub has a motor in it as well. One motor only has around 1-2hours on it, but with it not being updated, I didn't waste my time trying to sell it to someone(I should have donated it to mxer450 for his project), $175 for the whole load, not bad for scrap. :drink:

that would have been perfect, i might need all those just to finish

haydug

Re: Dang.

#25 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by DMAC10
I sure would have liked to had one of those starters.

Any others laying around???

I wouldn't mind changing my 02 to a hydraulic clutch.

What do I need?

We could switch it over while you still got my motor apart.smile.gif

Let me know if it can happen.

For you, it could probably happen. I will get another crank done quickly, the billet cranks are alittle different for the new cases, and I don't feel like doing the machine work, but, I do have an ATK crank sitting here, I'll shoot it up to timbo for the upgrades.

Derno24

#26 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by mxer450
that would have been perfect, i might need all those just to finish

Or double that if you are riding a Honda.

Happyboy

#27 Post by Happyboy »

Originally posted by Derno24
Or double that if you are riding a Honda.

Riding? Didn't they have to tow the last one out?

haydug

#28 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by Happyboy
Riding?  Didn't they have to tow the last one out?

WHAT?? TOW a HONDA?? Did I hear that correct? Why is noboby shooting off at the mouth about a god'ol'mighty Honda breaking? HAHAHA! Guess they must be a POS too huh? How many Honda's, Yamaha's, and Polaris's did break at that race? Are they all JUNK?? Let's burn'em all! I say get a bicycle and pedal are fat a**'s around.

Happyboy

#29 Post by Happyboy »

ROFL....no more coffee Doug!

Take a look in the destruction thread..John has post a number of other quads. Latest was a banshee that forgot to stay on all fours.

Smitty911

That's where it's at.

#30 Post by Smitty911 »

Doug,

ahhhh, if one of those motors is mine just send my share back. Make check payable to Sherry Smith. My wife won't let me have any more money. I'll do the math.

assets
5 motors $200 = $40 each

Liabilities
5 Gallons Round trip @ $2.50 gallon = 12.50 Gas to yard
Hazardous waste disposal fee = $20
Asprin for sore back = $1.50
Time missed from work- Shop rate $50 @3 hours = $150
Kenny cleaning truck = $20

Total assets $200
Total Liabilitys $214

Total -$14.00 dollars I owe you.

Paypal sent.