Ryan Sowers Injured at lorettas

cannondale27

Ryan Sowers Injured at lorettas

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

Lets all wish this racer to get well soon.Just a terrible crash at Lorretas.There is a video of it that can be seen to show what can and does happen.Scariest thing I have seen in a long time.I will post it. But keep in mind that family and friends need support.

http://media.putfile.com/loretta

USAMoto00

#2 Post by USAMoto00 »

That kid is a very talented rider and comes from a very nice family. I wish them all the best in their time of need. Ryan is scheduled for some major surgeries this Fri. morning. I pray that his guardian angel is with him once again.

BigJosh

#3 Post by BigJosh »

Hey not sure who the kid is, but My prayers go to him and his family and that everything works out ok.

levi550

#4 Post by levi550 »

Prayers from my family to his family and him.

MyCannibal

#5 Post by MyCannibal »

hope everything goes well for this cat....man that was a bad spill....even though i dont know him i will be thinking about this for a while....my prayers go out to him and his family...if anyone can keep us updated on the surgery that would be great.

quadman22

#6 Post by quadman22 »

yeh i saw one worse than that last year when haavisto crashed on the intimidator at jolly. im sure u guys read about that. i was the first one to go up to him and he was out cold. anyways that video kind of pisses me off....how long did it take before anyone actually ran up to the fallen rider? thats b/s! instead they move his bike. there were a lot of people and i knwo riders were coming but someone needed to run up to him and if nothing else protect him such as detouring riders. i cant believe they didnt give him any sort of imediate attention!

quadman22

#7 Post by quadman22 »

if u watch it after the majority of riders goes by the one guy literally has to walk around the guy the get t his bike. then near the end that guy goes up and looks at him then just walks away. there were enough poeple that that shouldnt have happened. that was a nasty crash and i hope he is alright and can ride again soon

LapTraffic

#8 Post by LapTraffic »

how long did it take before anyone actually ran up to the fallen rider? thats b/s!

Probably the worst thing that can happen in situation like that is to have someone untrained trying to render assistance.

Moving a victim with obvious head injuries is a big nono. the flaggers main purpose is to make the course safe for the injured rider, the other riders, and medical personnel.

If anything that is the MOST agressive flagging Ive ever seen. The one flagger that came from a separate part of the track ran right into the mix of it and almost got hit twice trying keep riders from hitting the injured rider. I think I counted 4 flaggers in there trying to get the riders to slow down.

The wreck was in a bad spot, the downside of what looked to be about 50-60 foot table, the other riders wouldnt be able to see a flag until they were already committed to a jump.

Also, the injured rider was out in front, so the rest of the field was right behind him when he crashed.

Anyway, I dont see anything wrong with the reaction from the field crew, if anything it's far better than the norm.

MyCannibal

was it just me

#9 Post by MyCannibal »

or did one of the riders run over his leg too.....and i agree with lap traffic....unless you are highly trained you don't touch this person...u could make the situation worse very easy......when it comes to moving something out of the way it was actually smart to move the quad and not the injured person.

cdaleracer

#10 Post by cdaleracer »

I have to agree that this is the best display of flagging I have ever seen. EXCEPT for the flagger on the top of the jump sitting down for most of the ordeal. His *** should have been on the other side of that jump letting people know NOT to jump the tabletop!!!! And he was jsut waving the flag. He should have been more aggressive with it. I think finally someone else walked up the jump and started directing the racers to one side of the jump. That fast of a class they aren't really paying attention the the dofuss sitting on his perch while they are racing for the #1 spot. Other than that one flagger, I think the rest of them should get a round of applause.:clap: