I believe I can FLY

jesshamner

#11 Post by jesshamner »

Originally posted by thomez
that's where I started...

oh wait, still there sad.gif

Thats if you make it to the jump without wrecking.tongue.gif LOL.

cdalerider75

#12 Post by cdalerider75 »

Originally posted by thomez
that's where I started...

oh wait, still there sad.gif

are you back from the dead???

BigJosh

#13 Post by BigJosh »

Well after only riding that quad 4 times I finaly trusted it and my self to try out some smaller stuff but its all good poke fun I do my share of it. Just keep in mind Im just some weekend thrill seeker and my dale does it for me. So with that said. twisted I may not be the fastest over jumps but wow do I look good doing it........:w:

CDALE022002

#14 Post by CDALE022002 »

GOOD JOB JOSH... I HAVE TO SAY I'M GLAD I WAS THERE TO WITNESS IT. YOU EARNED THEM.. YOUR JUMPING MAY HAVE BEEN WHAT INSPIRED MY WIFE TO START JUMPING, SHE'S READY TO GO BACK. AWSOME TRACK KEV...

twisted

#15 Post by twisted »

I was just kidding man, I started jumping just like that except I was on my warrior. Just keep at it and soon you'll be doing 20-30 maybe even 40 feet.biggrin.gif

badvox

#16 Post by badvox »

Originally posted by BigJosh
Well after only riding that quad 4 times I finaly trusted it and my self to try out some smaller stuff but its all good poke fun I do my share of it. Just keep in mind Im just some weekend thrill seeker and my dale does it for me. So with that said. twisted I may not be the fastest over jumps but wow do I look good doing it........:w:

Hey Josh, well me being a potential member of your team I am inspired at your progress. However, I am simply afraid of flying period. That goes for all heights. Ladders, airplanes. That said
why dont you share the process you went through to achieve your flight?

Sounds like you had expert advice right there with ya. As a quad rookie I would really like to hear about these first steps to your accomplishment.

~mike

BigJosh

#17 Post by BigJosh »

Well its all about speed and timing and getting the "balls" to do it. What I did was follow kevin towards the jump to feel the speed. Was told to stand bend knees a bit. and gas it in 3rd gear about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. pick a line and pray. All was good missed one came up short, but was a good learning experince on what to do then as well. Thanks to Kevin, Scott, Brian,Jim. They all put in some advise and It builds so much confadence. Ill be ready for some slightly bigger ones now. Oh and If you are Intrested in joining the team let me know

badvox

#18 Post by badvox »

Originally posted by BigJosh
Well its all about speed and timing and getting the "balls" to do it. What I did was follow kevin towards the jump to feel the speed. Was told to stand bend knees a bit. and gas it in 3rd gear about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. pick a line and pray. All was good missed one came up short, but was a good learning experince on what to do then as well. Thanks to Kevin, Scott, Brian,Jim. They all put in some advise and It builds so much confadence. Ill be ready for some slightly bigger ones now. Oh and If you are Intrested in joining the team let me know

Cool, if I joined the team it would have to be the southern california branch. :-) I would need to fill out an application to make sure I qualify too. :deal:

~mike

wistech

#19 Post by wistech »

I started FAT GUY MX last year. I hadnt been on a mx track since 1996 and I only raced one time. Moto shocks are a requirement for us big boys.
They should have racing classes for wieght as well as age. Then let me at em.:head:

candyassmiler

#20 Post by candyassmiler »

can i join? whats the weight minimum?
btw...im pushing 135 soaking wet.