Hurricane Katrina

jwheat

#11 Post by jwheat »

Alright guys....I talked with 3 local churches close to my shop and they said food supplies were running short. The shelves at the local grocery stores are very low and not being restocked at the moment. They asked for any non-perishable food stock, such as can food. They Mississippi Animal Rescue League is also in bad need of dog and cat food. We undestand if you can't help with a large amount, but even 5 or 6 cans of food or a case of bottled water is a big help.

I will make sure that everyone that receives any donation of any kind will know that it was received from our friends at Cannondaleriders.com. If we can all come together and try and sponsor a Baja racer, we should be able to supply some kind of help to the hundreds of thousands of people in MS and LA that just lost their homes and jobs and family members.

One man interviewed at a local shelter yesterday, said that he left the coast with only 500.00 to his name. His home was destroyed as well as his job and he wants to know what he is supposed to do with his family in another 2 days when the money is gone. That is just one example.

badvox

#12 Post by badvox »

Man it just keeps getting worse doesn't it? Well wheat check your e-mail I just paypal'd ya.

Thatnks for the awesome job you are doing of keeping us up to date!! Hang in there and thanks also for the help you are providing these people. Its a good thing you are doing!!

:usa :usa :usa

~badvox

jwheat

#13 Post by jwheat »

Thanks for you help Badvox! Please spread the word!

Way to go ******! Get those looters! People scavenging for food or water or clothes is one thing....but what the **** are they gonna do with a big screen tv when their house is flooded! Those types of people are just scum!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :usa :usa :clap: :clap:

BigJosh

#14 Post by BigJosh »

I have been pushing my company for 2 days to do something to help. I was emailed by my boss today. I am a retail manager for a clothing store in NE ohio. We are shipping 2 full truck loads of shoes, clothes, and other basic things we have in our stores. My company donates clothes to charity all the time, but we now have the chance to send in bulk to an area that needs it. Also for any of you in NE ohio I was told today that by Monday gas will be at 4.17 a gallon. and supply is low.

jwheat

#15 Post by jwheat »

Way to go Josh! Tell your boss we really appreciate this!

There is also a big need for diapers, toilet paper, paper towels, cleaning supplies, toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, femine products, laundry detergent, socks, underwear and panties, your old clothes or new clothes, and towels.

I'm sure there are more things and I wil post them as I hear what else they need.

BigJosh

#16 Post by BigJosh »

Hey its no problem, I know we included underwear and basics for women men kids, some bath stuff like shampoo body soap towls wash rags, blankets sheets, and I belive 3 skids of gatorade.

iceracer17

#17 Post by iceracer17 »

We finally sent 8 trucks and men down today to help with the power issues and getting more ready to go.They pretty much told them to bring their sleeping bags and tents and they will be putting in some long hrs.

haydug

#18 Post by haydug »

Jwheat: I am sending a couple cases of T.P. and couple cases of paper towels via USPS, cheaper because of box size.

I'll also be shipping some clothes and canned food down on Monday via UPS.

I personally think if anyone works for UPS, they sould offer some sort of discount for shipping supplies at a time like this.

jwheat

#19 Post by jwheat »

Thanks Doug! We really appreciate the help.

jwheat

#20 Post by jwheat »

Alright Cannondaleriders......y'all are really stepping up to the plate! We've had several donations and offers of supplies come in so far and we still need alot more. A great big "THANK YOU" to everyone that has helped so far whether you have contributed here or through some other means. I am going around today to other business owners in my area and asking them for help and donations also.

Remember....if you think you can't do anything to help....you're wrong! Any donation...whether it is 4 or 5 cans of food or a simple 1.00 donation.......it all counts. These people are literally starving and have no place to go and no money or clothes. Please help!

Jimbo Wheat