Help

Cannondale88

Help

#1 Post by Cannondale88 »

Well today i got my HMF slip-on, I have a 03....and tehe pipe dont even hook up right, it sticks way farther back and wont even fit over my header....

Cannondale88

#2 Post by Cannondale88 »

Ight, thanks will do

badvox

Toaster

#3 Post by badvox »

I have a toaster on my ATK and I understand I need a complete system. This is true right? I cant decide which color to get if at all.

Its between black, red, and metal.

mike

Cannondale88

#4 Post by Cannondale88 »

Red is dull to me, I say black...I gotten brushed alumioniom becasue of money$$, lol

haydug

Re: Toaster

#5 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by badvox
I have a toaster on my ATK and I understand I need a complete system.  This is true right?  I cant decide which color to get if at all.  

Its between black, red, and metal.  

mike

Not 100% true. I have modified many headpipes to accept the slip-on. Cost is about $10 and alittle work, which is better than $200 for a new headpipe.

Canniboomer

#6 Post by Canniboomer »

...true, also doing it here, but my muffler-welder dude charges $40 cash plus a couple hours of my R/T time. Still worth it.

badvox

Really...

#7 Post by badvox »

So then if a slip on was purchased do you have a detailed list of how to perform the mod? Or does it exist on here already?

This is good news me thinks. :-)

~mike

Canniboomer

#8 Post by Canniboomer »

Here's one way of doing it:

1. Remove tank and footbaskets, and keep header on the machine. Note header can tweak up/down right/left depending how evenly tight the 4 nuts are -- get it where you want it first.
2. Take quad and HMF to your friendly "independent" good-ol-boy muffler shop, and wait while he admires the beautiful frame, and gets all excited! Then show him your silencer. The fella here lets me work alongside to hold/align, etc. and shroud the machine from slag and sparks.
3. He cuts an angled piece off the header, and then custom-flares and ovals a separate adapter piece to butt-weld to the header, tacked first.
4. The HMF inlet also gets trimmed about 1-1/2", I forget exact.
5. After the silencer is bolted on to check alignment, he finishes welding the header.

These guys will have their own ideas, and some can do very nice work.

Cannondale88

#9 Post by Cannondale88 »

My dad owns his own muffler shop:)

badvox

#10 Post by badvox »

:clap: :clap:

Thats beautiful!!

mike

Originally posted by Canniboomer
Here's one way of doing it:

1. Remove tank and footbaskets, and keep header on the machine.  Note header can tweak up/down right/left depending how evenly tight the 4 nuts are -- get it where you want it first.
2. Take quad and HMF to your friendly "independent" good-ol-boy muffler shop, and wait while he admires the beautiful frame, and gets all excited!  Then show him your silencer. The fella here lets me work alongside to hold/align, etc. and shroud the machine from slag and sparks.
3. He cuts an angled piece off the header, and then custom-flares and ovals a separate adapter piece to butt-weld to the header, tacked first.
4. The HMF inlet also gets trimmed about 1-1/2", I forget exact.
5. After the silencer is bolted on to check alignment, he finishes welding the header.

These guys will have their own ideas, and some can do very nice work.