Any Musicians?

cdalerider75

#21 Post by cdalerider75 »

Is there a good dvd out there that walks you thru the setup up of your kit? Like how to tune a drum, different ways/styles to tune the set?

I have had my kit for 1.5years now.. getting better... still can't get the double bass going to sound right.. but will soon..

CptHook

#22 Post by CptHook »

I dont know of any DVDs, I just went down to my local drum shop and asked the guy if he could show me, he spent a good 45 minutes to an hour of showing me stuff and answering questions for me. Who knows you might get lucky and find someone that works there like that too. If not I could try and write a brief how-to on tuning your drums. Its always better to see it in person though.

cannibal67

#23 Post by cannibal67 »

I play bass myself I have a squier by fender,and about two weeks ago I bought me a Cort Artisan A4 and it's sweet.

It's a neck through design, and has Bartolini MK-1 pick ups. The retail price was like $995 bucks but I got it for $595.

I got a little guitar amp to play on now and it sucks I'd like to get me an amp cabinet and head. Hook you know anyone that might have one for a good price? Or anyone else know?

Psychosis

#24 Post by Psychosis »

Thought I'd bring this back to life here and see what all's up to on here. I've got the quads pretty well set so started ordering other things myself. Just ordered a Pearl Masters Series 8 piece double bass drumset which should be here end of this month or early next in wine red for a band I recently joined into.

BTW: Anyone want a Souhegan Pro Series 5 piece drumset? Would sell at a cheap price. Atleast 2 and possible 3 boom stands, high hat stand, snare stand, 1 floor tom, 2 regular toms, 20" base, snare, all hardware, and the rest depends. Would sell w/it for practically nothing a set of high hats and a crash. (Not cracked but well used. Have life for awhile but no longer straight.) Or for more I'd throw in a nearly brand new set of high hats, 16" crash, and a 20" ride. (Less than 2hrs play so far.) Would take offers.

List is $750 for the set w/out cymbals or the additional boom stands.

CptHook

#25 Post by CptHook »

We need to get some pictures up on here of peoples stuff, and if anybody has any bands that they are in with myspace or purevolume accounts etc. put em up here, I wanna hear what you guys are playing!

Im currently in two different projects, one is a hardcore band that I just joined, we are in the middle of writing some material so we can get ourselves some shows booked. I also have another project with a buddy of mine playing complete opposite music, very jam, incubus-esque sound. Trying to get a bassist going for that band so we can start writing some material.

Psychosis, what type of music is the band you are playing in?

Psychosis

#26 Post by Psychosis »

Originally posted by CptHook
Psychosis, what type of music is the band you are playing in?

We're kind of not sure really. lol. We started out playing things that sound similar to say Korn or something, then switched to a more punkish sound. Now we're kind of settling in the middle. Lots of acoustic and metalish style guitar, lots of double bass and fast beats, and the lead guitarist can do some crazy solos. (He's been playing for 3yrs and sounds like he has for 10yrs.) Still looking for a good bassist though, and a name.

We're working on getting some stuff together and recording it. We only have 3 original songs completely down and finished and we're working on a couple more. (We started out doing covers.) We plan on hitting a recording studio in St. Louis, MO in November or December for a 10+ cd demo. Just need to get the drums setup and all. I'm putting on some Remo Pinstripe II heads for a different sound.

CptHook

#27 Post by CptHook »

5 songs is a pretty good amount for a debut cd. I know most CDs of local bands in my area have about 5 songs, Ive rarely seen more. Obviously its good to have more than 5 songs though to work with, so you can have some choices on what goes on the cd, and what doesnt. Plus once you get a fan base going you can play some songs that arent on the cd at one of your shows just as an added treat. Once you guys get some stuff up, definiatley get it up on myspace, or purevolume. Id be interested in hearing your sound. I hope to be doing the same in the near future here, once we get some stuff written.

candyassmiler

#28 Post by candyassmiler »

couple of my friends band.

www.myspace.com/vilejive

jesshamner

#29 Post by jesshamner »

5 songs? Wow, we had 11 and were working on 3 more. Its too bad we all had to go to college. I might have been rich by now. :mad:

Cannondale88

#30 Post by Cannondale88 »

Does anyone have a Guitar Amp a small one you can send my way?