Aluminum ValveCovers

ANIMALSCANNIBAL

#11 Post by ANIMALSCANNIBAL »

Just picked-up a brand new, all purdy, Blackwidow Aluminum Valve Cover tonight, from Timbo. WOW,,,, what a quality casting! And the CNC work,,,, now that??????????????????s attention to detail. I think they did a better job (machine time) than most machine shops would do. Thanks Dave and Brad.:clap: :usa :clap: :usa :clap:
Now if we could only get these, ????????????????Quality Masters??????????????? to get some molds for heads an cases,,,,,,,,,,:head:

ANIMALSCANNIBAL

#12 Post by ANIMALSCANNIBAL »

Originally posted by ******
Heads and original unicorn style cases would be the bomb...wait can you say bomb on here? :clap: :deal:

Yea,,, You can say bomb HERE,,,,, YOU just can't say bomb at WORK.tongue.gif

bknight

#13 Post by bknight »

got to ask what is the pc going to be?? black ?? or red

Brad Oakley

#14 Post by Brad Oakley »

Dave and I thought long and hard about this before coming to a decision. The first thought was to paint them black. But then we realized that there would be no way to tell the magnesium covers from the aluminum ones without removing the cover to see the underside. We were worried that in the future some customers (new buyers, especially) would be duped into believing that they had an aluminum cover when it really wasn't. Of course, this arguement also eliminated the color silver since there are a lot of silver magnesium covers out there too. We also decided against a bright color (red) since that would be too 'showy.' Besides, you can custom powdercoat the cover any way you want later!

So, the color we picked is a teal (bluish-green) gray. It won't stand out too much from the rest of the engine, but in the future you'll be able to instantly identify one of our covers as being genuine aluminum (which will be especially helpful if it's tucked away in a quad chassis!)

Canniboomer

#15 Post by Canniboomer »

Actually, the PC color is named teal blue, and is a mid-dark blue with a hint of teal. You would not call it greenish or gray, but some of those pigments are used. It is definitely in the "blue" class, not bright, and quite rich looking -- somewhat close to the GM Engine Enamel, but a shade darker. I hope to post pics by Monday the 26th, and maybe even get one installed for pics.

Brad Oakley

#16 Post by Brad Oakley »

Oh sure... Make fun of an old man's color blindness. At my age, EVERYTHING takes on shades of gray (Even some of my hair.)

tat

#17 Post by tat »

You have hair?

Brad Oakley

#18 Post by Brad Oakley »

Actually, I have a full head of blond hair! That is, when I'm not blowing it off with black powder (THAT'S a story for another day:( )

Brad Oakley

#19 Post by Brad Oakley »

****** - Actually, keeping the cover 'raw' will show it to be aluminum! ALL the magnesium covers were coated - either silver or black. None of the old-style aluminum valve covers were coated, as far as I know.

So, if the cover is teal, or 'raw' aluminum you'll know you've got the real deal!

P.S. After the Baja 1000 this November, my Moto is giong in for some TLC (I've been running it hard for over a year-and-a-half now.) I'm thinking maybe a polished aluminum cover would top it off nicely!!!

Canniboomer

#20 Post by Canniboomer »

Say Brad!,
When you see these powdercoated beauties, your eyesight will be restored!... and I bet anything you will change your mind about which one goes on that Moto! Very very nice color, awesome -- arrived this weekend -- pics here ASAP. biggrin.gif