CdaleChick??

CannondaleRider

CdaleChick??

#1 Post by CannondaleRider »

I read that Kara lives like 25 miles off the coast(i think), and her mom refused to leave because of the animals. I'm not sure if Kara personally stayed or not.

Figured i'd post this to let everyone else know, and to ask how everything is going with the hurricane?

Not sure if she's able to answer or not, but ya never know.:confused:

BigJosh

#2 Post by BigJosh »

Well I hope all is well Its just after 6am and I was watching the weather channel before I came to work. I cant even begin to understand what all those people are going through. It will be on my mind today. Hope she and her family are ok......biggrin.gif

jcv440

#3 Post by jcv440 »

Her cellphone is turned off. I hope she's okay.

BigJosh

#4 Post by BigJosh »

I know i dont know her personaly but I would consider everyone on here a friend. If someone knows anything pm me or reply on this thread. Thanks biggrin.gif

r.porter

#5 Post by r.porter »

She should be fine. She may be without power as alot of trees fell on power lines in the area. I live a few miles away from her and can tell you the storm in our area was not bad. We only had half an inch of rain and 50 mph winds. I don't know of any inland flooding just right along the coast.

CDaleChick

#6 Post by CDaleChick »

hey guys im fine and so is everyone else in my family...we got lucky and the storm didnt go as far west as it was predicted... im about 3 hrs away from home right now... in lufkin.... At first I was about 2 hrs away in Livingston and it took us TWENTY HOURS to get there last Thursday...and no i am not kidding!!! Boy was that the worst drive ever..averaged 1 mph for about 3 hrs also.. Anyway..the storm wasnt bad at all...my mom forced me to evacuate bc if some of yall do not know.. I shattered 3 bones in my foot in a very bad spot 3 weeks ago at a race.. so if the storm would have hit as predicted I wouldnt have been a good person to hold down the fort. Thanks for the concern guys..yall are awesome!

twisted

#7 Post by twisted »

smile.gif

BigJosh

#8 Post by BigJosh »

:cheers: Yea Ill drink to that glad to hear all is good.............

iceracer17

#9 Post by iceracer17 »

We are sending 4 more power trucks down tommorrow morning.I was asked at 2pm today to go,of coarse i had to say yes.They don't know where yet and if we'll be able to catch a flight back right away.I may be down there for a few days.Our company has it's own water and fuel trucks and the guys have now upgraded from sleeping in their trucks to some campers.

TheJaspMan

#10 Post by TheJaspMan »

Glad to hear everyone is alright.