My first Cdale, I need help guys. PICS TOO

gimpala63n70

My first Cdale, I need help guys. PICS TOO

#1 Post by gimpala63n70 »

Yess. Today i got the cannondale, even up for my 400ex. Holy crap this thing is heaven. I cant explain how mint it is, its got 1500 dollars of updates ill list later, and is practically brand *** new! I kept my front grooved radials too! This is a great day for me, just wish i could get the effer to run! Anyone help please. it gets spark just fine, The guy says its getting to much fuel! impositive its getting fuel as i can see through the clear fuel filter the pump is pumping, battery is charged. Please someone give me tips i cant sit here all day and just look at it!

Boy i got a effin deal. I hope at least

Guys help me out! It sat for 6 months, and just decided not to start,. Id like your help, i cant axcess a D&M for a while so im hoping theres some things i can do by myself, im pretty educated in quads and with direction im set to go..Thanks.. Im gonna see if its getting spark right now, i think it is, i dont even no how to change the spark plug it looks like a job...Let me know guys ill be checking here constantly

patmc81

#2 Post by patmc81 »

you should see gas going in the fuel filter

by the way I live in sagamore hills we should ride somtime

o and welcome to the site!

speed2424

#3 Post by speed2424 »

Start with the spark plug. Take it out, Lay it on the engine & crank it over to check for "GOOD" spark. Let us know what you get. I'll check back for your answer.

And welcome to the site!!!:clap:

gimpala63n70

#4 Post by gimpala63n70 »

Hey, its a double prong spark plug just saying, it has very good spark. Next,

gimpala63n70

#5 Post by gimpala63n70 »

This reciept i have says it has blaze map, rigth now im try to clean injectors.

gimpala63n70

#6 Post by gimpala63n70 »

K guys heres a list of stuff from reciepts

All of the recipets are from ALL OUT POWERSPORTS IN hampton vA.

Map Change Speed
CounterBalance bearing 7.54
Crankshaft ASM 560.00
Crank Bearing B.a.g. 43.00
engine rebuild gasket kit 150.00
Piston Kit complete 224.00
stage 8 kit 99.00
filter, oil, assy, paper 14.00
silk comp, gear oil 10.00
top hat washer and screw 5.00

that totals bout 1144.00 in updates..are these the good ones? do i got a good motor to look forward too?
And by the way this stuff was replaced before the quad was even started, it was brand new the guy just wanted it done in advance
also a mod i cant tell waht it says
seperate reciept for 283.95
think it says "front accesories" cant really read it

Ah this thing has gotten me dissapointed its just the fact that i sat there and used all the knowledge i got and nothing at all..We tried pull starting it for a good bit, but, it kept backfiring by the time we were done the pipe was hot, i dont get it, sometimes plug is dry and brown. sometimes wet as heck..

think it has something to do withthe fact that the speed has a fmf pipe on it stock and mine has a stock pipe which isnt fmf but i have speed mapping..eff

gimpala63n70

#7 Post by gimpala63n70 »

Nope not giving it gas at all i was told to not at all, i have a fuel pump on off switch, i watch the fuel go through filter for like 3 seconds, turn the pump off and try to crank it over and nothing.

Umm id like to if you could tell me what in the world and how to do it please thanks for helping me man. Please tell me how to do whatever u were explaining lol that fly wheel blah blah

comander420

#8 Post by comander420 »

first of all it sounds like the ECU has the burned out fuel pump circuit. Does it run all the time with the switsh on? You might turn it on then try to start it. Check flywheel key. The battery has to have over 12 volts ot the computer won't power up enough to function anything. Pullstarting will not work with a low battery. On my blaze I actually had to give it gas to get it to start before I recallibrated the throttle position. Check to make sure injector wires are attached correvtly and all other sensors are attached correctly, they should all have tags on the telling you where they go. Charge the battery completely and slowly you will fry it if you go over 3 amps an hour I think is beyond the max. So you need full charge battery, take carb cleaner and super clean the plug or buy a new one just to be sure it is ok. Check the injector wires. take the airbox off and look to make sure all the throttle body clamps are tight, Turn the fuel pump switch on and then try to start it. You can find somone nearby and switch out the ecu with one that you can hook up a D&M to and see if it will start with another ecu. If you were close I would help you. Try all that and post your results, that will help pinpoint the problem. from all the reciepts you stole that thing if all you traded was a 400ex.

gimpala63n70

#9 Post by gimpala63n70 »

Im gnna check the flywheel key, can u instuct me how?

comander420

#10 Post by comander420 »

Like he posted earlier. Remove plastic round side cover says cannondale on it. Remove lock nut on flywheel. Crank keyway should line up with c in cannondale. If not it will spark but not at the right time. There should be a square key in there also. let us know you findings.