Dales at the Flat Track

cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes so do I.But I think this guy is stock it would never pull that kind of gearing.

jfarrar

#12 Post by jfarrar »

man is this curts that locked up?was it the crank or piston or unsure?tell that lil prick to call me.man that sucks.the black beauty never seems to last very long either.:hammer:

BigJosh

#13 Post by BigJosh »

Hey guys thanks for all the advise I do alot of differant riding with the dale so Im not sure the motard gear would be wise. But a few other options would be cool. Yep jay Curty locked it up. He was doing great and it locked up going into a turn after it cooled it did turn over but he thought he might want to wait till we tear it apart. Might just need a set of rings and a bit of TLC. Who has rings cheap.....I think he got them from Blackwidow when he upgraded to the 450.

BigJosh

#14 Post by BigJosh »

You know after reading my post I just wanted to make one thing clear. It might of sounded like i was saying that the rings from Blackwidow were no good. THAT IS NOT WHAT I AM SAYING. For all the people who read to much into stuff. I am sure thats is were we will be ordering are parts from, Myself and others are very happy with there stuff. Oh except there shiny vent caps that were 15 bucks mine fell off and I couldnt find it. J/K not your fault.............:furious:

Brad Oakley

#15 Post by Brad Oakley »

Yeah - the instructions warn you to wire those vents on. I've lost three of them - in my back yard - until I started using a bit of safety wire.

And, don't worry. I don't recall ever having any rings for 450's. I carry rings for the OEM's and Wiseco 432's but that's it.

BigJosh

#16 Post by BigJosh »

Yea I really should of read them dang directions I just thought the thing looked so cool so I just put it on and went. I lost it one other time but was able to find it. I will probly be ordering another one soon.

BigJosh

#17 Post by BigJosh »

I have another ? what kind of fuel are you guys running. We mixed half and half 110 race gas with 93 octane I think we might of got a bad batch of the race gas. Thats the only fuel every to be in black beauty and the first time it went into the dales.....:confused:

Exodus

#18 Post by Exodus »

I'll give you some input on the fuel. There's big differences in fuels from every day gas pump to high quality race fuel. I run VP red quite a bit in mine, and theres a night and day difference with it and pump gas. I dont mean the feel of more power, I am talking about jetting, if I change from VP red to pump gas, I'll run way rich. The VP red acutally makes the bike run a little lean compared to pump gas. Thats my experience from taking plug chops. I havent got an AFR meter yet, but its getting closer to being bought, so I cant verify these findings to science. One thing to remember about mixing 91 pump gas, and say 110 race fuel, is that you will actually have a 113 to 114 octane fuel, they wont average. However, the extra octane isnt doing any harm, other than a change in jetting. I can say that I have mixed race fuel and pump gas in my two strokes quite often with a couple of things to mention. With straight race fuel, the power was crappy down low and the hit wasnt very hard, when I mixed race fuel and pump fuel, the hit was harder and the bottom pulled a little better. The only thing I can think of is the pump gas gave a little meat to the burn. Four strokes may have somewhat of the same effect. So mixing your fuels may have a benefit. Theres a ton of things I havent touched on about race fuel, but thats a little of what I've learned from experience and studying different fuels.

BigJosh

#19 Post by BigJosh »

I totaly understand what you are saying. But I think we may have a bad batch of race gas. That gas has gone into 1 bike 3 times and blew up everytime, now put it in 3 bikes for this past ride and 2 blew up. hope mine is ok. Just wondering could this fuel have gone bad or what the heck....

cannondale27

#20 Post by cannondale27 »

Check your plug might be able to tell what is going on.