My first Cdale, I need help guys. PICS TOO

aroracer72

#31 Post by aroracer72 »

Ummm dude you all DO notice that the flywheel in that pics has a bunch of hairline fractures dont you???...DONT KEEP THAT FLYWHEEL IN!!!!!...its all fractured..and might come apart inside your case ruining your case....i repeat...please someone tell me they see the fractures too.
CHAD

aroracer72

#32 Post by aroracer72 »

i cant tell if those are fractures...or like spun grease runs. Feel those littloe lines with your finger nail.....do you feel anything with your finger nail??..or are they jsut spin streaks?>?
CHAD

gimpala63n70

#33 Post by gimpala63n70 »

I repeat!i ordered a new one anyway its wasted the its spun and not lined up..Therefore me not leaving it in there..

aroracer72

#34 Post by aroracer72 »

Alright good.....you did the smartest thing... smile.gif
CHAD

comander420

#35 Post by comander420 »

I didn't mean any offence, I was just trying to save him time in the future, I used to do the same thing (skim the instructions and try to figure it out) but it will really cost you more time in the long run, plus a lot of frustration. Just trying to give a helpfull peice of advice that took me a long while to learn. And by the way ****** that night I had quite a few beers for you.

gimpala63n70

#36 Post by gimpala63n70 »

One question, ive been hearing since my Slot is not lined up with the C, that the key needs to be replaced. well i bought a flywheel. its stil on its way. does it come with the key? or is it like attacheed to the flywheel. itd really suck if i needed to buy something else seeing as parts take a week to get. I orderd a flywheel and puller from blackwidow, hope this is all ineed to fix!

61austin

#37 Post by 61austin »

If it was the flywheel that spun the key should be fine.

gimpala63n70

#38 Post by gimpala63n70 »

K dudes its sceduled to be here tommrow when i arrive home from school and im so exited and ready to run! Ok but a few questions, How tight do i tighten the flywheel, is there any other tips i should know? or just pull the old on off with the puller, and slide new one on? Oh boy im exited let me know thanks! gotta know how many lbs and how to hold it. Also any other tips for firing my dale for the first time!

Canniboomer

#39 Post by Canniboomer »

...Be prepared to inspect behind flywheel for any oil oozing from that seal behind the stator. Ideally, no oil should be reaching the flywheel hub, or pooled below (hard to see in your pictures). If it's leaking, you can yank the stock 7mm seal to replace with a 5mm and backer, to assure that Both seal-lips are squeezing the shaft.
Flywheel torque is 35 ft-lbs, per a recent thread discussion.

gimpala63n70

#40 Post by gimpala63n70 »

I couldnt find a threadon it exactly. Well i see no problems withme asking questions in one thread, least im not making a thread for each post. lol. where can i get the seal if i need one? Or do i need to order it from black widow or haydug. hopefully if i need it its a common thing i can buy anywhere
thanks though for the ft lbs