Pretty Much worst expeirience ever. C-Dale problems.

gimpala63n70

Never Mind guys! got dale running! thanks so much

#1 Post by gimpala63n70 »

Yea today got flywheel in at 2 oclock and now its 8:30 and just walked in the door. Some body before IMPACTED the frekin thing on so tight it welded it self so badly, stripped a Black widow ATV puller like nothing, Brand new KTM puller like it was plastic, And bent up a Older KTM puller but it did the job after like 6 hours, Heating and cutting and impacting and everything lead to the crankshaft bending. I even went to a buddy who had his buddy who was a certified KTM person come bring tools and we were just amazed it was the worst he had ever seen in his career. it was horrible guys. I picked up a Dye on the way home we're gonna dye the crankshaft threads and carefully try to bend it back stragiht its not horrible but bad. If that dont work and i need a crankshaft look for it in the classifieds. Im just in a bad mood rightnow cuz of how bad it was., Im just so amazed. It was even amazing to a professional. I am just so dissapointed. Who impacted it i wanna know lol.

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Man that sucks!I ran into one like that.Some dork obviously decided to Loctite the flywheel to the shaft.Ended up deciding that a ruined stator and crank seal from heating the heck out of it to get Loctite to release was only other option.I always put a light coat of oil on shaft now before flywheel install to hopefully prevent any rusting action.Also torque the flywheel which was a big debate back a bit since some just impact it on.

jesshamner

#3 Post by jesshamner »

Ouch that really sucks. I hate to hear that.

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

Well look on the bright side .At least you didnt have to worry about the key stripping. rolleyes.gif

gimpala63n70

#5 Post by gimpala63n70 »

well the bright side i guess is that i may be able to dye it and straigten it, and i didnt fry the ignition (stator) or any sensors. whoo hoo

Happyboy

#6 Post by Happyboy »

WOW is all I can say. That sounds more like a freak incedent than anything. This is not common for impact gun usage. I use the impact gun on mine with 0 issues. There are always those people out there that can screw up anything.

Canniboomer

#7 Post by Canniboomer »

total bummer..... we feel your pain, and know your were hoping to ride, not wrench. I guess we should all start to lightly coat with anti-sieze on that taper! That is a newer looking machine, right?... probably overtorqued from the factory.

For stubborn ones, we have had luck with modest raps
on the small hex after it's tight and wanting to pull -- bam bam tighter bam bam tighter bam bam and it pops off. But severe seizing or loctite?, wow, how depressing!
:cry:

comander420

#8 Post by comander420 »

I'm with canniboomer on that, tighten, tap tap, tighten repeat. Another trick since it was garbage anyways is an air hammer or engraving tool. The vibrations sometimes knock the debris out or may help vibrate things loose, Works great on exhasut manifold bolts on cars. Did it have a newer crank it in? If so it ,ight have lost some of that factory installed vibration that most of them had that probably would have loosened it up a bit.

gimpala63n70

#9 Post by gimpala63n70 »

Guys i got it running today thanks to u! Its so **** fast im in love with it. Didnt ride it much, gonna take it for a nice ride tommrow and will get pics. cdale fo life!

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

:clap: Its almost like a guy can breath better when his machines are all running!At least for me.