New here...interested in getting a cannondale

yellowz03

#11 Post by yellowz03 »

right now im selling my Z400 and using that money to get another quad...the Z400 is also up for trade too...i check out the for sale section often to see whats out there...im just not too familiar with cannondales yet so im worried that if i get one ill be lost..so ive been reading as much as possible but still am confused on some things.

theJeStEr1340

#12 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I will have one with all the updates (motor mount, stage 8, oil line, metal oil pump gears). The Head has been gone through with all new valves, piston and sleeve. It will also have a moto axle, and blaze shocks all the way around. Will be for sale for $3200. It won't be done till the end of the month though

jesshamner

#13 Post by jesshamner »

Originally posted by theJeStEr1340
I will have one with all the updates (motor mount, stage 8, oil line, metal oil pump gears). The Head has been gone through with all new valves, piston and sleeve. It will also have a moto axle, and blaze shocks all the way around. Will be for sale for $3200. It won't be done till the end of the month though

Just curious, why do you have a moto axle and blaze shocks? Do you have the moto arms too? Is that your flat track/tt set up?

jesshamner

#14 Post by jesshamner »

Originally posted by yellowz03
thanks for all the help guys...now after all the updates are done will i have to keep updating it every so often or is it done? and and with the mapping i can just leave it as is and ride it, correct? i dont want to be totally lost with all of this if i were to get one...also another question while im at it...how low do cannondales sit compared to othe quads..not ground clearence i mean seat level..thanks again everyone. i know i must be driving everyone crazy on here with ridiculous questions but thanks for all the help.

The only time you would have to update it after you do the initial updates, is if something new surfaces. It seems as though the major bugs have been worked out of these by a few simple updates and a z400 bearing. Yes it you can leave the mapping the way it is or remap to suit the conditions or your riding style. Thats truly the beauty of these machines. With the Diagnostics and Maintanence software you can change maps in just a couple minutes. You can use different maps for different conditions or different riding styles. For example, at my first mx race it was really muddy in the 1st moto and tacky in the 2nd. During the first moto I ran the blaze/speed combo map because the blaze part provides excellent traction while the speed part gives good topend power. Then in the 2nd moto I used the x440s bike map b/c its insane! Pin the throttle and shoot off the line like a rocket. It kept me in the front of the holeshot.

As far as the ergonomics go, I'd say its comparable with a 450r. I came from a 400ex and I had no problem racing the cannondale the first day I got it. It felt right at home. Coming from a z400 should feel pretty close.

theJeStEr1340

#15 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Originally posted by jesshamner
Just curious, why do you have a moto axle and blaze shocks?  Do you have the moto arms too?  Is that your flat track/tt set up?

It's hard to follow, so pay close attention. this bike was my MX bike before I got the moto. After I got the moto, my dad took my elka's off of it because they were SSD and would drop his bike (he only races TT).
He had blaze ohlins on his bike, so they are going on the bike for sale. The blaze rear shock we picked up as an extra so I had one if my rear blew again (it blew 2x in 3 months).
I used to have +2+1 A-arms to compliment the moto axle, but they got sold. I figured the bike probably won't get much over 3,000 with or without the arms, so I sold them for what I had in them.

jesshamner

#16 Post by jesshamner »

Understood.