Another Question..

gimpala63n70

Another Question..

#1 Post by gimpala63n70 »

hey guys, got the cdale running as most know, well i took it for a ride yesterday in the rain, and i was just at a stop, went to go again and it kinda bogged, caught itself, then stalled and wouldnt start in the middle of the woods at dark. So i push it 1 mile home sweating to death yet its like 50 degrees. But to the point, it starts ( i changed plug that was fouled) for a few seconds and stalls, idles only wont revv. Theres a little know i seen and i was twisting it (looks connceted to throttle?) and it seemed to help it stay on a little longer,. But i saw in a post someone said theres a air/fuel mixture. Im pretty sure thats the problem. it starts everytime just wont stay on. thanks guys!

Exodus

#2 Post by Exodus »

The fuel air mixture screw is in the D&M software. The throttle body doesnt have a fuel mixture screw. If I interpretted what you wrote right, then the screw that you were turning to make it stay running a little longer was the idle adjustment screw. Theres no other adjustment screws on the throttle body, so I would assume that would be what you are talking about. As far the running probs, I would say its possible you broke the throttle cable, or you are in need of a throttle recal. That requires a D&M kit. If you broke the cable, it wont rev at all, just idle, I would check that first. If you need a throttle recal, its an easy chore with a D&M kit and the only way to do it.

On a side note, you said it was raining, so make sure your air filter didnt end up with water in it, that would stall out the motor as well and give some of the symptomes you wrote.

Oh yeah, it is possible that the cable is out of adjustment, that would cause enough slack to keep it from revving.

gimpala63n70

#3 Post by gimpala63n70 »

Look out for it in the for sale section! Check it out..Its just not for what i need. Great expeirience though, and you guys are great.:clap:

but for now, if you guys can pull through and get it to run, ill probly fall in love and keep it ! ive only riddin it for 2 minutes
This sucks. And i have no way of getting a D&M. And the throttle cable isnt broke. anything now

It barley starts, stay on for like 2 seconds now, and stalls,

gimpala63n70

#4 Post by gimpala63n70 »

Guys, if i spray starting fluid (dry gas) inside the intake thing, it starts right up then stalls. wheni give it gas it will rev (when running on some dry gas) but when it runs out it stalls, it will only startup without dry gas for like a second then shut off, sometiems backfiring in the carberator looking thingy (lol) Im getting sad.

gimpala63n70

#5 Post by gimpala63n70 »

K and also, i saw in fixedthedales thread, that his intake thing was loose causing it to not start, having the same symtoms as mine. havent checked this "intake boot" thats being spoke of, is this is one under the airbox that connects to the carb like thing, or the on that connects the carb like thing to the engine? i may wanna check, and clean it because i just found out when i rode it in the rain/mud, the airbox clamp popped off leaving the carb like thing exposed. now it is just backfiring through the carb like thing, and only starts with dry gas, and when that runs out it stalls.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

It cant be getting fuel.Start at tank making sure all quick disconnects are flowing freely.Take line at filter off.Gas should come out line with gravity.Change filter.Fuel pump is running when start button is pushed?Got a fuel pressure guage?40-45 psi.If not look into tank is gas coming out of return line fitting to the right ?If it is then check your injector connectors with a noid light or pull airbox off and confirm they are shooting gas by looking in there with throttle open.If not shooting gas check connectors and wiring.Map may have been lost also but I doubt it.Have also seen this on a really bad mainbearing flywheel pickup wouldnt read well enough to fire injectors.Check that connector also.

gimpala63n70

#7 Post by gimpala63n70 »

I took the throtte body off, and nothings clogged, but only one side )left side is spraying gas. Im gonna go try things u said. The dissconnect onthe right side of the tank, is some ****** braided line..i might change it.

comander420

#8 Post by comander420 »

check your injector wires are both on tight, mine fell of while riding and it would barely idle, if you touched the gas it would die. Also you have probably killed your battery by now so charge it up and check the injector wires are on tight. Try to pull them off with a light force, they should not come off.

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

Both sides need to spray.Might be plugged injector or maybe just a bent connector.

gimpala63n70

#10 Post by gimpala63n70 »

Dudes you rock, thanks to your advice and stuff, i took apart whole fuel system., new filter and lines, and she fired right up and injector squirts! thanks guys im in love now.