Beware: Worse pics ull ever see.

SlOoT

#21 Post by SlOoT »

Originally posted by cannondale27
I am no expert in these matters for sure but my guess is the battery exploded.

That's possible, my dad had this once with an excavator. When he started the engine the big battery's just exploded, rear end totaly wrecked...

fixthedale

#22 Post by fixthedale »

that is most painful to see........... why couldn't it have been a Polaris?

NRath

#23 Post by NRath »

yeah gimp, that sucks really bad! That's definitely a heartbreaker.:cry: :cry: I'd have to say the battery theory is probably spot on. If you were just trying to start it, there wasn't enough heat anywhere to ignite a possible fuel leak, if that were even the case. I could definitely see a tear coming to my eyes if my ride burned up. I've spent a lot of time on that thing!

And, if you put forth the effort, I know the Cannondale community will give you a hand!

One more thing, this is definitely not to the point of making a trend with 'dales.

Cannondale88

#24 Post by Cannondale88 »

I dont think he wants to fool around with dales anymore...But I have a deal for him for another bike...Very good deal and he might end up with a dale out of the whole deal...

TheJaspMan

#25 Post by TheJaspMan »

I may know of a frame and subframe pretty cheap. There is a guy with a partial roller looking to sell. PM me if you are intersted.

Don't worry boys, it's not my stuff!

MX Quad Dad

#26 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I have seen batteries explode, but never burn. It would have had to ignite fuel?

What happened to the fuel pump? I know it is rubber mounted, but the bracket it was mounted to is gone also.

It looks like Half the radiator is gone (melted?). It looks like the right side is gone. This would lead me to believe it may have been return line. Maybe poped of the injector, press regulator or return quick disconnect.

How much pressure will the fuel pumps put out? I know that a fuel line that is just installed will slip off a nipple easyer than one that been clamped on for a while. Plus if the return quick disconnect popped off, the press would build to what the pump could put out

TucsonCannibal

#27 Post by TucsonCannibal »

I have a gas tank and subframe in storage... pretty dirt cheap... let me know if you want them

aroracer72

#28 Post by aroracer72 »

I just want everyone to know off the bat...that i am NOT being mean or trying to make this poor guy feel worse....

Now, what all did you mess with before this happened...i know the stator...but what else???....did you disconnect any connectors or lines and stuff......and chances are im betting these fires are owner caused.....not teh quads fault. All it takes for a abttery to explode is a uneven flow or a sudden jolt..and BAM they go boomy. If you messed with connectors...and got water in them..or had soemthing loose when this happened...or soemthing...idk..trying to figure out the cause so others and myself dont have to go through this crappy of a thing.

And why you speeding???...not smart........im trying to make you smile.....god is punishing you for speeding and driving dangerously!!!!!.....lol...j/k......but if you can salvage the motor...you can get mid to high 1000's for them...running. And i mean........anything else you can clean and save idk......but i mean you could get something like a 250r or 400ex for around 2 g's
start a new project......but something you can afford as of right now......
CHAD
thats why everything i have has theft and fire insurance.......for freak accidents like that....man this sucks....

aroracer72

#29 Post by aroracer72 »

Ohhh and the fire probably melted it off...but was the stator cover off when you started it????
CHAD

toothandnail

#30 Post by toothandnail »

bad luck dude sad.gif at least it was away from any thing else. My bro just had a brand new yamaha grizzly (had been setting for 8 hrs since last ride)catch fire beside his business burnt the office and a 50*90 warehouse did a couple hundred g's of damage .The ins.co came out and did the whole CSI thing on the quad wraped it in shrink wrap and hauled it off , trying to make yammy pay for the damage