Memorable Crashes

BM426Racer

#11 Post by BM426Racer »

Came around a corner 5th tapped caught a bike rut and high sided. Got a pile driver broke my left collar bone, and tore up my trapezious muscles on both sides of my neck.

Canniboomer

#12 Post by Canniboomer »

....rolled a Ford van 4 times.... came to rest upright with 4 flats, heading the opposite direction .... walked away and bought my first Cannondale! and rolled that too! :eek:

tat

#13 Post by tat »

1. Ashtabula TT finals-open a class right of the start, in the 1st turn, about 65-70 mph. The guy in 3rd decided he wanted 2nd or 1st worse than we did. 65 to 0 in 2 seconds. End over end, flop here and a flop there. Quad went about 20ft in the air. Very bad crash. When the dust settled, I was 20 or so feet away from the quad. Major road rash, dislocated knee and broken collarbone. Out of the 20 in that main, only 9 finished the race.

2. Practice at a local track on the laeger LT500, 4th gear tapped, should not have been, last stair-step jump before the bowl turn, well we cleared that, the turn, the fence and a couple cars. Thank god there wernt that many people there. Forgot to mention the part about my boot getting caught in the nerfbar and not being able to get off of it before we cleared the fence. Broken collarbone #2, dislocated the other collarbone, broke the left ankle and fubared the knee again. This was the most memorable for me because to this day, I think Im the only person to ever bend a laeger T-pin. Mark was pretty awstruck when I called him and told him the news.

chigger81

#14 Post by chigger81 »

Heres my two worst wrecks:

1. Was hit by another rider while I was sitting still. He was doing 40 +. Totaled the warrior I was on and the quad he hit me with and put me in the emergency room.
2. I was flying through a field of tall grass at night. Got a little too close to the side of the field. Nailed a stump I couldnt see while on my second warrior doing about 40. Trashed a frame and took a flight into the treeline on the side of the field. Came out ok with a few bruises and scrapes.

JST

#15 Post by JST »

Anyone remember mine at the winter ride in January?sad.gif Hence the main reason for paring it out.:cry: :drink:

ducman

#16 Post by ducman »

Last year's Mountaineer GNCC, running close to a fence and caught my left front tire on a post. Three days in the hospital, three screws in my left wrist and four scars where the mounting pins for the external bar were sticking out. Oh and a $15000 bill for my insurance to pay.