flywheel puller

quadracer500

flywheel puller

#1 Post by quadracer500 »

what is the thread pitch and size of the
flywheel threads for the puller? is there
any after market pullers that will work?
thanks

Cannondale88

#2 Post by Cannondale88 »

Brad at Blackwidowatv.com has them...or like sthil or something chainsaw flywheel puller will work to.

gimpala63n70

#3 Post by gimpala63n70 »

the flywheel from blackwidow atv didnt get the job done for me, but a KTM one did. Just go get a KTM dirtbike puller, they are ALOT stronger.

Brad Oakley

#4 Post by Brad Oakley »

Be honest in your response... Yes, you stripped out the puller that I carry, but you also stripped out a KTM puller before the third one finally worked - along with heating the crank with a torch and banging on it with a hammer (See posting from 10/3/05 here in the Open Forum.)
I'll be happy to replace your puller or refund your money. You just have to ask, and return the damaged part.
I have sold dozens of these pullers and this is the first time I've heard of a failure.
I bust my A$$ trying to support the Cannondale community. Maybe my skin is a little thin, but I get offended when someone jumps into the forums and tries to belittle my product line and steer customers away from Blackwidow - without coming to me first to resolve a problem!

gimpala63n70

#5 Post by gimpala63n70 »

i didnt strip the black widow one., it broke. i never got to heat it up or try other things till a few days later because of it. U gave me a good price though, and good flywheel. Im not mad at all, butwhen i saw the kTm one, it is completley differnt looking, works a differnt way. and is just alot thicker and such.. The black widow one may work for you, probly will. Just happened to me thats all. Not hatin.

jesshamner

#6 Post by jesshamner »

I think you should also mention how many attempts it took to get that flywheel off and that the flywheel was seized on the crankshaft. That isn't normal.

banzairx7

#7 Post by banzairx7 »

The stihl one is over $40. I just brought my motor to the stihl shop and they pulled the flywheel for free.

jesshamner

#8 Post by jesshamner »

I bought mine for 15 bucks from honda dealership.

quadracer500

#9 Post by quadracer500 »

ordered one from cannibomer today ,thanks for the response