Racers look!!!

jesshamner

Racers look!!!

#1 Post by jesshamner »

Not that it happens a lot but there is a rule in the AMA rulebook saying that if you enter a race, a fellow racer can buy your engine and components. Have any of you heard of this? I found this at exriders. I'm not too concerned with it. Nobody likes our cannondales besides us anyway. But here is the link.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php...threadid=188657

Jctmotorsports

#2 Post by Jctmotorsports »

That would ADD value to our bikes.....

wanablaze

#3 Post by wanablaze »

So if somebody wanted to buy Timbo's bike, he could bring in around 10400? :confused:

Jman

#4 Post by Jman »

They used to do that when I raced stock cars. I think its designed to keep the cost of racing down. You wont spend as much if there is a good possibility of losing it.

Cannondale88

#5 Post by Cannondale88 »

Looks like Im not gonna race...**** rules..i wanted to race mx!!

cdalemx301

#6 Post by cdalemx301 »

Okay I see multiple things with this rule that will make more then like ever happen lol...1. Cannondales are not in the KBB 2. Noone but us wants a built Cdale anyway 3. We would probably get more for our bikes this way then if it were to be sold privatly. 4. If someone did this I believe they would be greatly frowned upon throughout the racing community and noone would even acknowldge them as being around anymore. 5. I would say F* the trophy and points suspend me for the 1 year penalty cuz I am going home with my bike...Then find some none AMA sanctioned races to run lol.

theJeStEr1340

#7 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Originally posted by Cannondale88
Looks like Im not gonna race...**** rules..i wanted to race mx!!

Just go race, this rule has been in the books since they were written and how many times have you heard of someone using it? Just get out there and RACE!

MX Quad Dad

#8 Post by MX Quad Dad »

The rule says motorcycle or mincycle. I ride a quad tongue.gif :confused: :w: biggrin.gif

comander420

#9 Post by comander420 »

either way we have nothing to worry about, I can see the point of it though, keeping the costs of racing down so a really good guy on a bone stock ride can compete with anyone else who rides as good as him, just look at Nascar they have to run restrictor plates.

Exodus

#10 Post by Exodus »

I've never heard of a rule like that, but theres times I wish I could have bought the bike that kicked the holey cr$p out of me at the track! LOL

LOL, Well everyone has a price. Mine just happens to be 17k, sounds like a lot but thats what my Cannondale is worth to me. And if someone wants to buy it for that, then so be it, they can surely trade me the cash for the keys.