Project FX469

z-mann

#11 Post by z-mann »

Looks like the fx400 I just recently picked up. Thanks or the updates. Makes me more motivated to work on mine.

CannondaleRider

UPDATE!!!

#12 Post by CannondaleRider »

Started really putting it back together the last few days.

I've done what you see in the second and third pic, along with much cleaning(from parts collecting dust, lol), I've rebuilt my calipers, and made a bunch of orders

So I haven't really done all that much, but in about an hours worth of work(MAX!!) I'll be needing my motor to go any further:confused:

So yeah, i'll be waiting for SOMETHING again

CptHook

#13 Post by CptHook »

so what happened to all the powdercoating?

chigger81

#14 Post by chigger81 »

What was the original problem with the motor? If it lost a crank there will be a ton of metal. I would be cleaning that frame pretty good. You might want to run some diesel through there anyway and see if there are any shavings coming with it.

I bought a complete fx with a trashed crank. Ive been doing somthing similar with it for almost a year. I have had some major problems making my stroker run on the 500 system - as in, I havent heard it run since I bought it. :cry: Which computer are you putting back on yours?

Happyboy

#15 Post by Happyboy »

Its close man!! So close! Just waiting on the rest of your harness to come in. smile.gif

CannondaleRider

#16 Post by CannondaleRider »

Originally posted by CptHook
so what happened to all the powdercoating?

I had a major change in plans, i went into more detail a few posts up:)

Originally posted by chigger81
What was the original problem with the motor? If it lost a crank there will be a ton of metal. I would be cleaning that frame pretty good. You might want to run some diesel through there anyway and see if there are any shavings coming with it.

I bought a complete fx with a trashed crank. Ive been doing somthing similar with it for almost a year. I have had some major problems making my stroker run on the 500 system - as in, I havent heard it run since I bought it. :cry: Which computer are you putting back on yours?

I've cleaned the frame multiple times; diesel, soap and water, LOTS of water, air, etc. etc. But the original problem was the subframe bolts came out and allowed the exhaust to come down on the oil inlet...thus, no oil. The main issue was just major piston gauling, but if I remember right, Steve told me that the crank felt just fine.

Plus, in all that cleaning I found no metal flakes, so I feel pretty good about the cleanliness of the frame.

I've bought everthing to make it a 1000; Harness, Computer, Throttle Body, Injectors(even though i've read its not NEEDED for the conversion, the 500 injectors neglected to work, so new ones from Brad are in my latest order:) )

CannondaleRider

#17 Post by CannondaleRider »

Sorry, but theres been a change of plans again.

I've found some info that I didn't totally know about...my motor is being built with a 450 Piston now.

With a few conversations with krash, my dad...and my mom(of all people to have a serious opinion about the technical side of my racing)....and also some thoughts to myself on honesty about the previous plans.

I was completely planning on tuning my bike down to where it has absolutly NO horsepower advantage over a true ATK, along with putting all parts on it to make it match a true ATK. But in reality, it would still be different, And if somebody decided to protest and go REALLY far into it, and WORCS made me tear down my bike, and find a 450 piston, Falicon, and no proof of ATK work, i'd be screwed for the season, if not many seasons. SO i've decided, to make it easier on myself, be an honest person, and go back to the Production A/Open A plan(mostly)

Depending on price and time, I may have Timbo port my head, so it will be a Ported Falicon 469(EDIT: Didn't port it, maybe next season). I'll most likely still buy Moto Ohlins, POSSIBLY Elkas, but that may come after half a season or so, who knows.

Still have plans to get an HMF exhaust(EDIT: Blackwidow Exhaust), along with all the other little goodies I named....minus the ATK graphics and seat cover...maybe a GoForIt "American Made Racing" custom graphics kit:usa

(Looking for Kibblewhite Valves and Springs by the way)(EDIT: Got em)

CannondaleRider

Another

#18 Post by CannondaleRider »

Here's some more recent pics...waiting on parts.

Fuel Pump Relocation

Gas tank is mounted for running new fuel lines. Seat is mounted for some modification I have to do, because of the fuel pump bolts

Maxxis Razr 2 tires on ITP T-9 Baja Wheels, front & rear

CannondaleRider

#19 Post by CannondaleRider »

Rated-X 1-1/8" Handlebar Clamp

ASV C/5 Pro Model Clutch Perch & Lever w/ Quick Adjust :deal:

ASV Rotator Clamp :deal:

Should be getting my Flexx bars, Regina Chain, Pingel Killswitch, and Battery here in the next few days.

Also should be making my last Blackwidow order here in the next week or so, includes his awsome Exhaust system, AC Nerfs, Hubs, among other misc parts

ALSO getting some Moto Ohlins from Happyboy(i'm tryin man)

ALSO!!!! going to be getting a Lonestar Axle closer to the end of the build

Latest news makes me think that I should have my motor back by about the 8th, if everything goes to plan

I guess i'll be staying up late, getting up early, etc. to get this bike done in time for WORCS Round 1

twisted

#20 Post by twisted »

Looking good man:)

Keep on keepin on