BEWARE!! SBM "grand opening"

haydug

BEWARE!! SBM "grand opening"

#1 Post by haydug »

Well, I just recieved an interesting flyer in the mail today, SMB "Grand Opening".

I would caution anyone to deal with this company. I had a verbal agreement with them, and came out on the short end to the tune of $1,000. Also, my buddy in KY was left in the same situation.
I pulled my motor apart to check the crank and was horrified to find the cartridge plate had not been touched, kinda hard to balance a crank without removeing the cartridge plate.. Anyway, just a head's up with this company.

hnnblehscnnble

#2 Post by hnnblehscnnble »

their wesite is up and claim to build the worlds top cannondale motors.my dad tried dealing with dustin i believe and that wasnt fun listening to the phone convos.then we went with steve and yes hes one of my bros but i think aliens ubducted him.lol later

kyle

r.porter

#3 Post by r.porter »

I bought a case from Dustin over a year ago. He said it was in good shape and ready to use. In fact it was broke and only good as a boat anchor. I tried calling and never got a call back. I even made a trip to the shop, he was not there but I left phone numbers he could reach me at while I was in town. I have never heard back from him or saw my money refunded. I would be very careful in dealing with this shop.

haydug

#4 Post by haydug »

r.porter: Let's see if you get a flyer in the mail. Funny how they think time will make you forget things. I have sent a response now, since they have found my address again, see if they can put a check in the mail now. I'm holding my breath! :confused:

OH, did you finally get the falicon? It showed up on my door and sit here for a week until I figured out it was supposed to go to you. That's another thin SBM said would not happen under any circumstances. :usa

r.porter

#5 Post by r.porter »

Yes , Doug it did arrive. It sure looks so good I hate to hide it away in a case. It's going into one of the race bikes and will see the track with my other Timbo stroker. Now I just have to call Tim and see if he has finished the two heads I sent him.

Sandstorm

#6 Post by Sandstorm »

SBM

Still

Behind

Bars,,,,,,,,, **** why coudn't the last letter start w/ a B also.. biggrin.gif

dunnbandit1

#7 Post by dunnbandit1 »

i got that same thing in the mail
i sent them an engine and $2800 over a year ago and never got anything back! they know it will cost to much for someone across the country to fight them to get there stuff back

Zerotact

#8 Post by Zerotact »

when did he get out of jail?

Brad Oakley

#9 Post by Brad Oakley »

I've helped someone else get their engines out of SBM. Dunnbandit - give me a call (877) 302-9288. Maybe I can assist when I'm down there next week!

Dustin was only in jail for a few weeks. But he IS a convicted felon.