Settin up for MX?

Cannondale88

Settin up for MX?

#1 Post by Cannondale88 »

Whats the Best Front end and Stem for the dale?

LT or NOT, I need both repsonses...

theJeStEr1340

#2 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I am not positive, but I don't think Brands make that big of a difference, some may handle better than others, like my moto front end is a lot smoother than my ASR front end was, but that could be because I suck at setting up a front end and am positive I had too much toe in.

If your looking for a front end I have my ASR front end for sale.

CptHook

#3 Post by CptHook »

Yeah, the ASR is a pretty low cost setup, I dont know anything about how they perform though. I have an ASR LT +2 set of arms, I just havent set it up yet as Im waiting to get my motor finished first. Its in the for sale forum as well if you are interested.

Also you could look into the RXM setups that doug has, everyone seems to be very impressed with the way those are performing, and they are pretty affordable as well.

cdalemx301

#4 Post by cdalemx301 »

From my expierance LT isn't needed unless you are High Level rider...I have Std travel on my bike and it is fine for racing...I can definatly tell a differance between my LSR front end and my ASR...there is more travel with my LSR with the same length shocks...as well as a smoother feel all around and way easier to adjust...I love my LSR steering stem also...I mean a stem is a stem though I dunno how many differances you will find I have an LSR stem with LSR anti Vibe clamp...

Exodus

#5 Post by Exodus »

I look at long travel like this. You can roll the windows up just fine by hand, but the little buttons you just push are a whole lot cooler. That pretty much sums it up for suspension, unless your a solid "B" class rider, then the long travel isn't a necessity, its a luxury, but if you got the money, get it. If I was to buy a new front end tomorrow, I would have a hard time not buying a Houser, they have stuck with biulding Cannondale stuff since we were conceived. Theres nothing wrong with the X Rated stuff, in fact it maybe a bit better, but I'm a loyal guy, and once I get stuck on something I tend to stay there.

As for steering stem, I like my Houser, they bolt up easy and are the right size. The LSR is slightly smaller I believe. I could be wrong so check that. The Houser also has slightly better tie rod angle.

hnnblehscnnble

#6 Post by hnnblehscnnble »

ok well i have rode reg travel and now long travel and nothing is a substitue for it.i wouldnt say im a high level rider but i dont suck.if you have the money go for it.if your serious about racing and expect to get better then do it.if you are out to race every so often and dont plan on moving up into a better class then i guess reg travel is good for you.i hated reg travel.if you do get reg travel then i would buy the +3 lsr arms but if you want lt then go with walsh or houser.

kyle