Got the motor out!

twisted

Got the motor out!

#1 Post by twisted »

Well 2 days ago me and my buddy took the motor out, took a total of 5-6 hours, (just messing around).

Feels good to have it out finnaly, but im so intimidated to try nd get it back in, looks like its gonna be hard, so im gonna need u guy`s help lol.

Hopefully im sending the motor out to brad soon, gota figure some stuff out. And the worst thing is, my computer fried so Im secretly on my moms latop right now, shhhh.

sorry for the bad spelling, im in a hurry and this thing is weird.

anyway, hopefully get a new comp soon, and ill get back to you guys on project mx cannibal.

Cannondale88

#2 Post by Cannondale88 »

Its not hard puttin it back together, i had mine back together in 3 hours of not rushing..

CDaleChick

#3 Post by CDaleChick »

I just got my motor pulled out yesterday... we had 5 of us in the garage having a "motor pulling party"

That reminds me...I have a major mess in the garage to clean up today sad.gif

I tried to start her up beforehand and nothin even happened (fuel pump was working but wouldnt even try to start)...so hope I dont have some sort of trouble when I get the motor back in

banzairx7

#4 Post by banzairx7 »

Took 8hrs to pull mine out. It was a major PIA. But It didn't help the removal process with it taking almost 2 hrs of beating on my swingarm bolt to get that out. I'm taking way longer putting it in, but I'm moving lots of stuff. I think it's actually going very easy and was a lot less confusing than when I pulled it out.

Psychosis

#5 Post by Psychosis »

Take the time and read how to take it out and put it in. Do a search and you'll find pictures and some good info. I've only had to remove/install one a couple times and it's a breeze except for draining all the oils. Once everything's drained it's doesn't take but a half hour or so to get it out. Putting it in takes longer IMO but still not all too hard.

Just don't get intimidated, think before-hand so you don't mess something up, get to work rather than stare at it and think of how hard it'll be.

chigger81

#6 Post by chigger81 »

yep, watch your wires and injectors, you cant be pulling on them too hard or you will have shorts. rolleyes.gif

speed2424

#7 Post by speed2424 »

I pulled mine out today, too. I took my time & it took about 2 hours. It is my STOLEN RECOVERY quad. BUT that is a story that I haven't put on here yet.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Cool you got it back!

Derno24

#9 Post by Derno24 »

Out and in at the 12hr race in 2 hrs. Helps that Randy, Dirt, GNCCblaze, and myself know these quads like the back of our hands!smile.gif

kdeal

#10 Post by kdeal »

Only half cool, wait until you here the story.
:mad: