oil leak?

Cannondale88

oil leak?

#1 Post by Cannondale88 »

I dont get this, I got all the hoses hooked up correctly...but I did have trouble with the vent that goes from the airbox back to the frame on top of the motor. I had oil come out of that a lot latley...I have a bad oil leak on the left rear side of the frame..it is dripped off of the frame...im gonna wahs it really good and then go ride some see and if it was just becasue of what happend before, also in the mean time, what do you guys think it would be?

Sandstorm

#2 Post by Sandstorm »

It could be the oil line just below the exhaust. You know the line that pipe nearly rests on. I came out in my garage one day and I had a puddle of oil underneath the quad. My pipe came loose and was resting on my oil line for however long the previous ride.. It didn't burn through the heat wrap on the hose. The next day is when I had the puddle of oil so I thought it burned or dry rotted the hose. My last resort was to pull the hose off and then pull the fitting out of the frame. There is a rubber O ring inside. It looked okay. The recessed area was a little grundgy..I wiped it clean w/ a towel put it back in and put the pipe back on. I started the quad and no leak. Hasn't leaked since..