R&D take a guess....

tat

#11 Post by tat »

Hope that holds up. The batteries I have seen mounted there have fallen off(factory ones that is). This is a good idea, just make sure it is really secure. I even had the one on my DS650 fall off during a race. How does it look with the axle movement up and down?

jesshamner

#12 Post by jesshamner »

Originally posted by cannondale27
Cool.I wonder if it will be noticable handling wise.Buddy with YFZ put his batt in front and you could tell diff.Always though Dales were a little front heavy anyhow though.Let us know how you like it.

I think the cdale is balanced very well. It flys very well and handles even better. With all the torque these things have, if they were build like a 400ex, the front wheels would never touch the ground. I have a hard time keeping them planted as it is. I believe that cdales/atks were said to be the best balanced weight in a sport quad.

The battery move will probably have some effects on it though. I'm curious to see how it handles.

jwheat

#13 Post by jwheat »

I thought that YFZ hit you so hard it knocked your battery back to the subframe! :hammer:

MX Quad Dad

#14 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Darn, I got it right and there was no prize:furious:

jlm996s

#15 Post by jlm996s »

I hope that thing is ready to go by next weekend!:w:

Happyboy

#16 Post by Happyboy »

If you look in the first pic I put mounts inside the subframe supports. That should (hope) keep it strong enough to prevent a pure break versus cracking. I think this should hold up pretty well but just ride time will tell.

I hope to take it out on Sunday to test it out. And yeah Jeremy, I hope to be ready too! I haven't ridden since the dunes!

Happyboy

#17 Post by Happyboy »

Oh and as for clearance....won't hit a thing! I was really shocked when I first started looking at this. The rear caliper will hit the subby before the box does. There are 3 inches of clearance left after the subby rests on the caliper.

dalewannbe

#18 Post by dalewannbe »

Where you running your wires?

When I got mine, my battery was mounted on the rear of the subframe. I didn't care for it there, but it wasn't mounted as nice as yours is.

As for making it easier to drop the motor, lets just get it so the motor doesn't need to be dropped! biggrin.gif

iceracer17

#19 Post by iceracer17 »

That mount should help.If you ever scale your quad,the left rear is very heavy,at least on mine.:clap: