CannondaleRider said I should introduce myself

AMRsCdale450grl

CannondaleRider said I should introduce myself

#1 Post by AMRsCdale450grl »

Hey there everybody.. My brother, CannondaleRider, told me that I should post on the Open Forum to introduce myself real quick. So, Hi... My name is Ann Marie. biggrin.gif I'm a 21 year old Senior at the University of Arizona in Tucson, AZ. The day I graduate in May, I'll be back to my hometown of Palo Verde, AZ. Thank god, cause I'm not suited for city folk... a lot of 'em look at me like I'm ruining the environment when I'm rolling around with a quad in the back of the truck ---> :mad:

Like I said, CannondaleRider is my little brother.. well, younger, anyway. And, Krash is my other half (Love you babe!)... these two guys are the ones who have got me interested in Cannondales and racing. I must admit, I wasn't a loyal fan at first, with all the reliability problems Krash was having with his first Dale. They kept telling me, "All we have to do is put in some updates!!" I still had my doubts, but I also saw the passion that they had for these quads. So, I stuck by them and tried to keep my smartass remarks to a minimum.. and low and behold, here I am today, announcing my sincerest loyalties with the same quad that I had little faith in. So, I owe a big "THANKS" to Krash and CannondaleRider for keeping with it!! :clap:

So, now that I've seen what Krash's Cdale is capable of, we're working on building my race bike, a Moto 450, from the ground up.. We're making some progress, but it's still too slow! My engine is done with a Timbo Stroker and it's already stabbed into the cleaned up frame (not as clean as CannondaleRider's, I know).. the frame needed more help than just a little cleaning, though. Whoever owned it before must have landed something fierce, cause we needed to weld up about 4 cracks.

Anyways, we're slowly adding all the parts, large and small. Here's what it looks like so far:

And, yes, it's in a bedroom. I guess that's common among quad enthusiasts.. or are we obsessors?

We still need a few minor parts, but it should be done at least by the end of the year. So, if your interested, look out for some more pictures of my beauty. You'll hopefully be able to find some pictures of it in action... I'm planning on running in the Women's B/C class in the 2006 WORCS season.

Speakin' of WORCS, I just had my first race this past weekend in Mesquite, NV.. so I'll be posting my race report soon (this weekend??) with pictures of the race.

Well, that's my intro! Not so "real quick".. Sorry! But, thanks for reading and I'm glad to be part of the group!

jesshamner

#2 Post by jesshamner »

Welcome to the site and a great community. We're glad to have you and looking forward to some race reports.

AMRsCdale450grl

#3 Post by AMRsCdale450grl »

hey, thanks a lot.. I really appreciate it.

azcannon

#4 Post by azcannon »

Hi , those shocks look great , good luck

kdeal

#5 Post by kdeal »

:welcome:

twisted

#6 Post by twisted »

Hello:head:

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Go Get'em!Chances motor parts are gradually trickling in.Got piston today!Hopefully rest soon.

AMRsCdale450grl

#8 Post by AMRsCdale450grl »

Originally posted by azcannon
Hi , those shocks look great , good luck

Hey.. I know! We took 'em to Palo Verde Suspension to get them all revalved, and the PEPs got powdercoated.. Here's a better picture..

Buy the way, thanks for all the help you've given us with the motor and whatnot.. don't know where we'd be without you! We ordered your exhaust last night, so you'll be gettin that soon.. biggrin.gif

AMRsCdale450grl

#9 Post by AMRsCdale450grl »

Originally posted by cannondale27
Go Get'em!Chances motor parts are gradually trickling in.Got piston today!Hopefully rest soon.

I'm gonna try!! And, yeah, Chance is REALLY excited about you doing his engine. He's just been using his free time to help work on my bike and teach me a bunch of stuff.. so thanks for everything!

badvox

#10 Post by badvox »

:welcome: