Hail to the king BABY

jfarrar

#41 Post by jfarrar »

wisetech you the man!!!!!!:clap:
now someone let me in on the prototype parts.ill test the durability:)

kdeal

#42 Post by kdeal »

Originally posted by cannondale27
..................Kdeal the one you sent me is the same place that offers even bigger Harley injectors.Sure wish they offered smaller ones cause the style is perfect for even better porting.

Steve,

Which injectors did you get the HD stockers or the middle ones?

FYI to all: Wistech said to please not go out and buy these injectors for your bikes as they flow way too much fuel to make them drivable. They were running the injectors at incredibly low fuel pressures just to get them to the right fuel to air ratio.

ANIMALSCANNIBAL

#43 Post by ANIMALSCANNIBAL »

Way To Go Wistek!:usa :hammer: :usa :hammer: We'll Beeee BaacccK,,,, Our sights are not set 55hp,,,but now we'll be looking for 60hp.:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

cannondale27

#44 Post by cannondale27 »

Originally posted by kdeal
Steve,

Which injectors did you get the HD stockers or the middle ones?

FYI to all: Wistech said to please not go out and buy these injectors for your bikes as they flow way too much fuel to make them drivable. They were running the injectors at incredibly low fuel pressures just to get them to the right fuel to air ratio.

Stockers from local Harley dealer.Yes dont go buying these injectors unless you have a BIG 505!Will test them on a 468 to see if 1000 is able to bring fuel under control.Will also be getting them flowtested to see where they are at.While still looking for others.Would like 25lb injectors in our style.Or preferably Harley style.

Smitty911

Call me Crazy......but....

#45 Post by Smitty911 »

If the Harley injectors are flowing to much, that can only lead to one thing........

Alcohol

Yes, a drunk Cannondale. Runs cooler, cost less than race gas, compression who cares, more power.

Smitty

ANIMALSCANNIBAL

Re: Call me Crazy......but....

#46 Post by ANIMALSCANNIBAL »

Originally posted by Smitty911
If the Harley injectors are flowing to much, that can only lead to one thing........

Alcohol

Yes, a drunk Cannondale.  Runs cooler, cost less than race gas, compression who cares, more power.

Smitty

I realy Like the way this guy Thinks.:head:

cannondale27

#47 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes go for it Smitty:D

Smitty911

you didn't read.......

#48 Post by Smitty911 »

You didn't read the last sentence in my signature. Or the first one.

1. No motor....Yet
2. Incompetent

I don't see why this wouldn't work. I know nothing about alcohol, except for some modest experiments in my youth. wink.gif I do know AFR can't be read, so making a map is suspect. Plug readings??? EGT??? See answer 2 above. LOL

I'm sure that you could raise the fuel pressure back to normal. This would keep the fuel from dribbling into the cyclinder. This would also get a decent spray pattern. It takes twice as much alky as gas so those should flow the needed amount. Cooling? do alky motors ever run hot?

Who knows Alcohol??? Derno??? Jay??? Doug??? Farrar???

Smitty

Quadhauler

#49 Post by Quadhauler »

We used to run straight alchohol in our old hopped up Honda ATC's. Basically we just doubled the main jet size and it worked great. Can remember being out in 95 degree weather and having the carb bowl frosted over smile.gif

P.S. One word of caution though, we had one engine let go and there was not a servicable part left, ruined head, cases, everything!! I guess bigger explosion sometimes means bigger explosion!

kdeal

#50 Post by kdeal »

You guys are too slick for me. I was saying the same thing to Wistech when he told me the injectors were too big. I asked him if it would flow double the stockers he said it probably would. All you would need is a good map to go with it. It will take more timing with alky as well.

smile.gif