Im going crazy

twisted

#11 Post by twisted »

I say do it, i'd swap motors.. when my dale motor is down, shoot a cr250 motor in there and go..

aroracer72

#12 Post by aroracer72 »

Yeap..exactly...if any of my dale engines go.....jsut spend a day puttin teh 250r engine in till i get the dale engine rebuilt...no down tiem except a day or two. And the two stroke pipes tuck in in front of the engine..can use the pro circuit dirtbike pipe from it..it fits. And yes...chain is on different side....so you swaitch bearing carrier aroundand the way the axle goes through.
CHAD

61austin

#13 Post by 61austin »

[i] And yes...chain is on different side....so you swaitch bearing carrier aroundand the way the axle goes through.
CHAD [/B]

It isn't quite that simple look at the way the rear caliper mounts. You might see if a 250r swingarm or something else like that fits.

aroracer72

#14 Post by aroracer72 »

No, i know that, there is light machining involved...but nothing major or extensive.
CHAD

Blazinmoto

#15 Post by Blazinmoto »

Then it is not going to be switched back and forth quickly. Or need different swingarms and axles with shocks cause dale is no link and 250r is a linkage. Don't think it would be worth all the trouble and probably cheaper to have spare dale motor ready to install if needed.sad.gif

61austin

#16 Post by 61austin »

It still would pretty cheap to modify a dale swingarm, and it would have to be removed to take out the engine anyway.

Exodus

#17 Post by Exodus »

Dude, its not like a spark plug. You have wiring harness, intake exhaust, theres more to it than just swapping a motor. Its going to take you a good day to swap out all the parts necessary for the motr swap. Still not a bad downtime, it all sounds fessible to me. Machining a pin on the swing arm is an easy fix. I'd go for it, whats the worst that can happen, the 250r motor ends back up on the shelf?
Then it is not going to be switched back and forth quickly. Or need different swingarms and axles with shocks cause dale is no link and 250r is a linkage. Don't think it would be worth all the trouble and probably cheaper to have spare dale motor ready to install if needed.

wanablaze

#18 Post by wanablaze »

What about the harnesses? Just gonna let everything dangle? The mud would get into the open connectors.

Give me a day and I'll destroy it.

aroracer72

#19 Post by aroracer72 »

Nope, all you need is a spare brake mount plate thats machined SLIGHTLY. Thats WAY cheaper then having another spare 2000 dollar motor laying around!!!!!!.....lol
CHAD

Jman

#20 Post by Jman »

Hey, what CAD program did you draw that up in anyways? smile.gif